(082) The Darkness Below


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 1563

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:00 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar cautiously stays in the middle of the group, knowing it wouldn't take more than a strong wind to knock him out of commission for good.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp ½/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16183

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:39 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Fried leads they way, across the huge hydra room, into the narrow passage that leads some 30-40ft back to the small Ante. Here he pauses at the closed door to listen: but hears nothing.
Listen check: 1d6=?

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1418

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:52 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem will signal for everyone to be ready, then he will open the door.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16183

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:25 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Everyone stands clear and ready, before Zem tries the door. Unlike the last portal, the doorknob turn freely allowing Zem to easily push the door ajar. The chamber inside is quiet and dark...
Door check 1d6=6.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 464

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:30 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

"Let's keep moving." says Freid resuming the lead heading for the door to the Zombie Room.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 1/7, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16183

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:19 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Our group moves swiftly through the dark, cool ante and into the former zombie room. The ghastly array of skulls and bones still hang on the left-hand wall, as if reaching out the snatch life from the yet-living. But none of the old bones are animate; only horrible to behold... across the room, there is an archway, which leads to a stair, up...
A monster check 1d6=? comes up empty... meh.

What next?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1418

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem motions onward."Ignore the door we will pass soon on the left, follow the corridor that bends right"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 464

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

"Right!" Freid nods, leading the party out and up, following the corridor that bends right.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 1/7, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1563

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar follows, muttering a silent prayer that their luck holds out!
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp ½/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16183

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:21 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Through the zombie room, and down the dark passage thereafter to the foot of a stair, and up, up, up out of the cool earth and into the goblin passages once more. Soon, the stair passage intersects with a thoroughfare; you could turn into it to your left or to your right... all seems quiet... for now.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software