(082) The Darkness Below


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 1476

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:03 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

I checked everyones Char Sheet - No Oil :/, and last ideas before we go for the Axe?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1617

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:57 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

sorry, all. On vacation. Just go with whatever.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

With all other options exhausted, Zem sets his stance before the door, hefts his ax and has at the door. It only take a few, ringing blows to hack away a serious piece out of the door-handle setting, and with the following blow the door flies open in a spray of wood chips. Ain't no door can withstand that.

The silence after seems all too strained, but no horde of monsters comes charging out of the darkness. The pungent scent of the hydra reaches Zem and the others, however... the room ahead is pitch dark.
We seem all out of ideas, so Zem's ax it is.

2d6 for first turn=6, 6. So that's emphatic. Let's say it only took one turn to bust it.
Monster check 1d6=?

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1476

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem is pleased with the effort and stands ready as the torches are moved into poistion so the group can see into the dark room."If it's clear lets get moving."


From here (see map viewtopic.php?p=26113#p26113 ) it is left side into anti chamber, into Zombie room , through door and turn left, pass stuck door, curve right into room and puts on path to Goblin Kitchens an the way out
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1476

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:41 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Here is a mud map we are entering Hydra Room. We want to exit Grave Room...
  Code:
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .                                   
                  Statues                                                   
.   .   .   .  ##############   .   .   .                                   
               # (*)    (*) #                                               
.   .       .  #.   .   .   #   #####   .                                   
               #            #   #   #                                       
.   .   .   .  #.   .   .   #   # A #   .                                   
               #            #   # n #                                       
.   .   .   .  #.   .   .   ##### t ##############                           
               #            #  *| i #.   .   .   #   .   .   .   .   .   .   
.   .   .   .  #.   .   .   # * #   #            #                           
               #            # * #####.   .   .   #   .   .   .   .   .   .   
.   .   .  #####.   .   .   ##*##   #  ZOMBIE    #                           
           #                    #   #.   .   .   #   .   .   .   .   .   .   
.   .   .  #.   .   . O .       #   #            #                           
           #                    #   #.   .   .   #   .   .   .   .   .   .   
.   .   .  #.   .   .  ~~   .   #   #  \         #                           
           #     O ~~~~~  O     #   #.  \.   .   #   .   .   .   .   .   .   
.   .   .  #.   .  Hydra    .   #   #####+   #####      #====#  <-- Stuck   
           |     hag            #    .  #.  .###########.    ### .   Door.   
.   .   .  #.   .   . O .   .   #       #                       #           
           #     Columns        #    .   ##  .   .   .   .       #   .   .   
.   .   .  #.   .   .   .   .   #          #################     #           
            #                  /     .   .   .   .   .   .  #    # Grave .   
.   .   .    #  .   .   .   . #                             #    # |Room     
              #######==#######       .   .   .   .   .   .  #.   # | .   .   
.   .   .   .   .  #.   #   .   .                        ###     # V         
                   #    #            .   .   .   .   .   .   .       .   .   
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .                                   
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 502

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:27 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Freid moves into the lead again. He looks from the doorway to make the way seems clear then moves forward cautiously. He wants to move through quickly, but not recklessly.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1617

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:44 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar agrees with the plans and prepares to follow...
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:58 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Fried moves purposefully into the hydra room. The stink of the slain monster fills the air, and a knot of rodents scurry away from the carcass as Fried and the others move in...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 600

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Karl maintains vigil in the rear of the party. He still has his bow out and an arrow knocked.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 502

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Freid moves cautiously, but as quickly as possible toward the Anti-Room, skirting around the columns in the center of the room. He'll pause at the entrance to the Anti room and listen and look before trying to move from there to the entrance to the Zombie room.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software