(082) The Darkness Below


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 1479

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:58 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem agrees"let's hope the stupid gobs did not post fresh guards on the gate."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 505

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:22 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

"Yeah, let's hope that." Freid says still leading the way. He'll pause before passing into the ante room where the dead goblin was killed at his desk and listen and look before moving past the portcullis into the room beyond.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:54 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

From the bleakmass room, the passage ahead winds its way past a stair descending to the right, before coming to the gated lobby, and the stair up! All is quiet... scribe goblin's blooded corpse is beginning to smell rather alarmingly. Surely, if there were goblins about, them would have noticed all the deceased by now? By whatever good fortune, most of the goblins are apparently elsewhere... the stair ahead beckons.
Monster check 1d6=? Nothing again!

What now, looters?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1479

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:25 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem grins at the sight of the stairs out. "By my grandfathers beard we've almost made it. I hope your feeling up to the task Ranger we need to get away and out of sight as best we can."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 505

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:04 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

mgtremaine wrote:Zem grins at the sight of the stairs out. "By my grandfathers beard we've almost made it. I hope your feeling up to the task Ranger we need to get away and out of sight as best we can."

"Stay cautious!" Freid warns, "There is as much danger outside as inside and we have several days of travel still to go. But yes, I'll be happy to get outside and away from here."
Out we go, cautiously!
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 601

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:00 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

With the exit so near, Karl allows himself a slight smile. But he stays on his guard.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1619

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:33 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar nods, "We aren't out of the woods yet. Question is, do we make our way back to camp immediately? Or do we make our way to a safe place in the woods within the crater and rest up a day or two until we are more healthy?"
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1479

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:16 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem says "Let's get as far away as we can as quickly as we can. It took us three days to get here from camp but choose our route home as you think best ranger."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16346

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:56 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

ehiker133 wrote:Leudigar nods, "We aren't out of the woods yet. Question is, do we make our way back to camp immediately? Or do we make our way to a safe place in the woods within the crater and rest up a day or two until we are more healthy?"

Technically speaking, the "adventure" isn't over until you reach a safe haven. So... unless you are able to reach (or establish) a safe zone in the woods, we won't be switching back to town time until you reach Manfred's Bastion, the military camp you departed from. One strategy would be to attempt to minimise the number of monster checks between now and then...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 601

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

"The quicker we get back to where there are beds and cook fires, the better we'll all be," Karl says. "Besides, we can report on what we've seen and done."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software