(082) The Darkness Below


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 1579

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:22 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar leads the group in a northwesterly direction, headed towards the relative safety of green hills.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]

Posts: 480

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Freid follows, keeping an eye on the rear as he does.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 2/7, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1436

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem plods along with the others happy to have escaped. "Those goblins can see as well as dwarves at night so we must be careful"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16220

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar leads the weary company down the western face of the crater, and into the tablelands below. It is slow going thru difficult terrain and burdened by heavy packs, but the ranger puts half a dozen miles behind them before he lets his fellows stop to rest.

By this time it is full dusk, and everyone is foot sore, and dog tired. There has been no sign nor sound of any pursuit, and everyone is stumbling for a break.
So, we now move to wilderness exploration turns...

The company makes a one hex move.
Night is coming next. Everyone needs to rest some, but the goblin base is only a few miles gone.

What will you do next?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 480

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

"If we eat and rest now for a few hours, maybe we'll be able to get moving again." Freid says, "It will be slower going at night, but I'd like to get more distance between the crater and us."
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 2/7, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1436

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:58 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem looks off towards the goblin caves. "We best rest now and hide ourselves as best we can. With all this treasure we can't outrun them if they decide to chase us. Our best bet is to be unseen."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1579

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:30 am

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Leudigar agrees with Zem, "if we don't rest enough now, we'll be knackered until we do. We'll be slower and more likely to make mistakes. I say we rest til morning and then make a bee line back to the camp.

Once they find a secure place to hole up for the night, Leudigar retraced their steps and erases evidence of their passing as best he can with the time available.

He offers to take first watch.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 576

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

"Yeah, it's best to stay put at night," Karl says. "The goblins could well lay an ambush for us and we'd never see it.

"I'll take second watch."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp ½/5) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1436

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Zem will take third watch.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 3/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 480

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:23 pm

Re: (082) The Darkness Below

Freid sighs, "I'll bow to the majority. I'll take first watch."
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 2/7, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software