(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:59 am

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

waysoftheearth wrote:
Okay, the situation is thus;

The afternoon is getting on.

The lovely Sister Margarette has diagnosed Olaf's wounds, and sent word to the Cloister via her carrier pigeon.

Apparently, the ritual Holy Absolution required to restore Olaf can only be performed by the Mother Superior, and at great cost (1,000 sp, plus she will be aged by performing the ritual -- she is already an old woman). The party needs to determine whether they have or have not such funds at their disposal, and if not what else they can pay.

Meanwhile, Ulric is concluding his studies upstairs.

Bennug's staff have been to the markets and returned with stores for approximately half a week of good eating.

Funding the larder further, and hiring security staff is yet to be agreed on.

Guntrum is yet to decide what to do with the Fell Blade.

There is some talk about clearing out the basement.

What do ye wish to do next?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:20 am

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

ehiker133 wrote:
We owe it to Olaf to do whatever we can to restore his health.

But I don't think we currently have the coin to do that, do we? What does everyone think our best option is for getting that kind of coin fast? Obviously, we know there is a lot of it down in the crypts we just left, but I'm certainly not keen on going back down there just yet.

Maybe the basement holds something of worth? I'd be up for that...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:47 am

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

waysoftheearth wrote:
By my records, the company's present net worth (excluding goods and supplies) is 1,119 sp.

And nobody has looked in Wibert or Pelenwin's rooms since their untimely departures either.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:05 am

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

tonneau wrote:
After the passing of some amount of time (it would seem) Gustave awakes to find himself rudely deposited upon the hallway floor. His tongue is pasted to the roof of his mouth and feels like the sole of an old boot, and there is something pressing the back of his mind about a sister he never had, let alone a merciful one.

He staggers into the kitchen, from which sounds of debate emanate.

"Seem to have lost...something..." he says by way of introduction to those thus assembled.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:12 am

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

coffee wrote:
"Olaf's a comrade," Dieter declares. "I pledge all my treasure to his restoration. He'd do the same for me."

And he pushes his purse into the center of the table.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:56 am

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough contributes what he can to the Olaf Restoration Fund.

(For selfish reasons--the old Elf needs his meatshields.)

He is ready to basement-delve.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:41 pm

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

doctorx wrote:
"Alas," says Josiane, "I have no coin to offer, but I pledge my sword and my service to bring about Lord Olaf's restoration."

"And it may be there is an opportunity for us all here," she adds; "The Mother Superior may accept payment by means of service rather than coin. Perhaps there is a quest awaiting us at the Sister's behest, and I doubt not that the cause will be a noble one."

"Other than that, I would know more of the tunnels below this place," she adds; "I find their presence here odd, to say the least. I believe there may be more to our new residence than meets the eye..."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:54 am

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

danhem wrote:
Ulric will search Wibert's room. He will offer his potion of polymorph to aid Olaf.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:34 pm

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

eris wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:
tonneau wrote:"A Sister of Mercy in the house?", slurs Gustave upon hearing word of the visitor, "Does she have a bed for the night?"

He then lowers himself gently to the floor in the hallway, and passes into a deep, vociferous slumber.
Desmond, leaving his bedroom after depositing his two shields within, walks past the prone figure of The Gustave slumbering on the floor in the hallway. He stops and stares for a moment, slowly shaking his heads, and murmurs, "And they call me odd..."

He then heads down to the dining area, where Olaf and Dieter are discussing plans for cleaning up the basement.
OOC: I think the Sister has lulled Olaf into a "light slumber", so I don't know if he's talking to anybody right now. Ref, is Olaf still sleeping?

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:47 pm

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

waysoftheearth wrote:
danhem wrote:Ulric will search Wibert's room. He will offer his potion of polymorph to aid Olaf.
Ulric enters the tiny room which was formerly Wibert's sleeping quarters. Despite its small size, it manages to appear sparse. There is a Hobbit-sized bedroll on the dusty wooden floor boards (apparently the Goblin-staff have not cleaned the room), and very few of Wibert's effects. He took most of his possessions with him to his doom.

However, he did leave behind a stout little sack, which he appears to have been using for a pillow. It would have been too heavy to carry on an adventure, for it is brimming with Wibert's coin.

Return to “Hinterlands”