(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:26 pm

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

waysoftheearth wrote:
Sister Margarette is of the opinion that Olaf is in a relatively stable condition, and is unlikely to worsen so long as he continues to get care and rest.

She doesn't advise him heading off on any foolish adventures... those are inherently dangerous.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:31 pm

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

tonneau wrote:
"I am, for my part, with Dorgan", says Gustave, speaking up from the doorway after a long pause of consideration.

"Perhaps we can come to some arrangement with the...holy...persons...to see to our man with some partial contribution in cash, while we also pledge ourselves to serve them a task when he is healed? Alas I am not well versed in the ways of the church..es...so I would leave such negotiations to your more than able self Josiane." he finishes with a gracious nod.

"As for this matter of 'cleaning' our basement, my blade is ready when you are, my good dwarf", he says, drawing the weapon for emphasis.

All matters thus concluded, he sits himself in a chair and ponders the sharpness of the blade with a careful thumb.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:48 pm

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

coffee wrote:
"I'm willing to explore the idea of doing a service," Dieter says. "What sort of thing do you think she'd have in mind?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:12 pm

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

doctorx wrote:
sulldawga wrote:
When he gets a chance, the dwarf will walk over to Josiane and hand her the silver* he has remaining after buying a shield and some lunch.
"Remember the tobacco we found in the warehouse? I sold it to Gustave, and I'll get ya yer fair share of it.
Josiane beams a radiant smile of gratitude at her dwarven ally.

"Truly it is said that the dwarves are the truest of friends! My thanks to you, good Dorgan!"

"But I think there is one amongst us who needs this more than I," she adds quietly, and imediately adds whatever silver she has gained to the fund for Olaf's restoration.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:15 pm

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

doctorx wrote:
coffee wrote:"I'm willing to explore the idea of doing a service," Dieter says. "What sort of thing do you think she'd have in mind?"
"I know not," says Josiane; "But we can at least rest assured that the cause will be a noble one."

She is looking rather excited and more than a little nervous at the prospect of meeting the Mother Superior - a most holy and exhalted woman she doubts not!

"And hopefully not too much like the last one,"she thinks to herself silently...

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:21 am

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

waysoftheearth wrote:
There's no knowing what quest the Mother Superior might bequeath -- or even if she will consider doing so at all. The Cloister is not known for its tolerance of violence, nor its association with sell swords or others of "dubious" trustworthiness.

In any event, the Mother Superior is an aged woman with many responsibilities. She shall not be summoned lightly, nor briskly.

The main options at this point seem to be;

1) Hunker down to some afternoon tea and await the Mother Superior,
2) Investigate the basement,
3) Something completely different.

What are your plans?

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:51 am

(039) Dusk 'Til Dawn

waysoftheearth wrote:
The goblin house-staff bring in afternoon tea comprising tea and sweet cakes with fresh cream and jam while the matter of what to do with the afternoon is discussed.

The lovely Sister Margarette continues to tend to Olaf's every need, and regardless of whether or not her attention is genuinely merited, the young warrior enjoys it greatly.

In all, it seems (judging by the chatter on the OOC thread) that the consensus is to await the Mother Superior and see what happens next.

Therefore... let us skip assume the remainder of the afternoon is consumed with such banter, and the discussion of such stores and supplies will be required for whatever venture might be undertaken next.

Please go to thread 040...

Return to “Hinterlands”