(080) Where a Hobbet Goes


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 217

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

"Light, up ahead!?" Dopey whispers, cupping his hands to his mouth. If the far light is visible from here, ours must be visible from there!
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 1764

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

OOC: I believe it is a light from under a door...

waysoftheearth wrote:...At the far end, mayhap 60ft distance, a glimmer of yellow light twinkles through a crack in the darkness...
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:39 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Leudigar moves cautiously into the dim, smelly, room, surveying the empty shelves and bins. It sure looks like this store was cleaned out thoroughly... the meager stores that remain include a bin of foul fish, a side of couple of sides of dubious mutton, a half-dozen loaves of black bread and a wheel of pongy, grey cheese. It ain't appetizing, and the ranger wonders whether the goblin-folk could actually eat this stuff--or that can of worms there. Surely they're bait for fishing..?

As he nears the dark center of the room, the twinkle of light in the far shadows becomes clearer, and Leudigar's hunch prooves to be correct; the light is coming through the cracks around a door...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1764

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

He waives the others to follow him and creeps up to the door.

He carefully listens at the door for any sound or evidence that the room beyond might be occupied...
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche

Posts: 533

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:59 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Freid follows trying to ignore the rotten smell in this place and staying alert for any dangers that might be lurking in the shadows to the sides or above.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:40 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Leudigar listens a moment, but there's no sound discernible beyond the closed door...
1d6=?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1764

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Once the others have gathered at the door, Leudigar forces it open, hoping to surprise anything that might be inside.

But more hoping it is empty, truth be told...
Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, HD 1, HP 5/5, FC 1 Man) leather, short sword+main gauche
User avatar

Posts: 217

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:11 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Anticipating the worst, Dopey looks around for a passable missile: a nice stone if possible, but failing that a cheese wheel or fish.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 189

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am

Location: Northern California

Post Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:00 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Faengol watches behind them, to make sure the group is not surprised from the rear.
User avatar

Posts: 16508

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:00 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Dopey acquires the remains of a catfish and Leudigar budges the door with his shoulder. It pops open easily into what is assuredly a kitchen.

It is thankfully unoccupied, although it is torch lit, and a smoggy warmth lingers about the embers of a cook fire that lie in a great, empty hearth. A long bench occupies the wall immediately to the left, and upon it there is a fish wedged between two fresh cut hunks of grey bread... it might be what a Goblin would accept for a fish sandwich. A hackknife that presumably cut the bread is stabbed into the table nearby. At the end of the far end of bench, to Leudigar's left, there appears to be a servery door to some chamber beyond. Meanwhile, almost directly opposite the pantry door (through which you're entered), two steps climb up to another closed door; it looks stouter than the pantry door...
What next?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software