(080) Where a Hobbet Goes


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16132

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:19 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Not entirely unlike this:
  Code:
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
                                     
.   .   .   .   .   .   .Servery.   .
                   #######+--+##     
.   .   .   .   .  #     |  .  #.   .
                   # B +-|    =##   
.   .   .   .   .  # e |.   . | I#  .
                   # n |  Hearth I#
.   .   .   .   .  # c |.   . | I#  .
   ################# h |      =##   
   #. | . | . | .  #   |.   .  #.   .
####  |   |   |    #---+       ###   
   H.   .   .   .  H.   .   .||H.   .
   H    Pantry     H Kitchen ||H     
####.   .   .   .  #.   .   .  ###  .
   #############################     
                                     
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1551

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:24 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Leudigar whispers to the others, "Looks like someone had their lunch interrupted."

He immediately moves to the servery door and listens at it to see if he can detect any noise.


How many players are still active in this group?? riftstone, red baron, Eris, me... anyone else? Who are we missing?
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp ½/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1402

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:53 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Zem, he is following right behind you and is ready for combat but otherwise not very talkative.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Fighter (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 5/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]

Posts: 448

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Freid goes to the other door (the stout one) and listens at it for any noises beyond.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 1/7, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1551

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:37 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

mgtremaine wrote:Zem, he is following right behind you and is ready for combat but otherwise not very talkative.


Ah, thanks, Mike. Forgot Zem. Good, I think that is it? Just wanted to make sure everyone was present.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp ½/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 195

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:24 am

Location: Montreal, QC

Post Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Dopey swaps his fish for the cleaver and roots around in the coals with it looking for hidden trinkets.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey
User avatar

Posts: 209

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 am

Location: Northern California

Post Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:36 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Faengol will also head to the heavy door and listen. Doesn't hurt to have another pair of ears!
Faengol is out of spells, and limited in combat - FYI
User avatar

Posts: 16132

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:07 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Leudigar, Zem, and Dopey move toward the servery-end of the room, while Fried and Faengol go straight across the room to climb the two steps and listen at the door opposite.

Dopey pulls the goblin hacknife--a heavy-handled, brutish thing--from the bench then uses it to poke around the ashes in the great, blackened, kitchen hearth, while Leudigar listens at the servery door ('tis a split door where the top and bottom halves can be opened independently).

Leudigar is unsure whether he hears an indistinct rumbling beyond the door, or if it's just Zem snorting and breathing dwarfishly behind him... but Faengol and Fried are convinced they hear echoes of voices and tramping feet carrying to their ears.

Meanwhile, Dopey's rooting about in the ashes earns him a sooty hand, and a degree of confidence that nothing more than fuel has been heaped in the hearth.
Leudigar listen check 1d6=?
Fried/Faengol listen check 1d6=?
Dopey's search check 1d6=?

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 448

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:07 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

Freid whispers, "Do you hear that, too?"

Can Freid tell what language is being spoken? Understand any of the words?
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 1/7, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16132

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:35 am

Re: (080) Where a Hobbet Goes

No; just indistinct voices.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software