(078) A Second Expedition

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:51 pm

(078) A Second Expedition

The renewed company now comprises Boggs the Dwarf Mouser, Dopey the Hobbet Fighter, Faengol the Elf Medium, Brother Herald, Karl the Fighter, Leudigar the Tracker, and Wetzel the Fighter and now: Zax the Gnome Fighter, Zem the Dwaf Fighter, Akbar the Fighter, Freid the Fighter, as well as potentially Kianna the Elf Sister/Medium/Fighter, and Sister Arian. Fendrel the Fighter has vanished into obscurity.

Preparation are made to depart Manfred's Bastion once more; this time possessed of affirmative intelligence as to the precise location of the goblin fortification in the nearby mountains.

The weather looks fair and everybody is set to go...
New hit points are rolled for the recently rested company members:

7 # d6 → [3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 1, 3, 5] so:

Boggs = 3
Dopey = 3
Faengol = 4
Herald = 5
Karl = 5
Leudigar = 1, 3 (which, given 2 lots of 1-1 with the first yielding minimum 4, gives you 4+2=6 hp)
Wetzel = 5

Remember that the minimum yeild of your first HD is 4 hit points (before you add any class or constitution adjustment).

Zax, Zem, Akbar, Fried, Kianna, and Arian will set out with their starting hp rolls.

Can everybody now please update the statline of their character sheets with their new hit point totals.

Please give me your instructions for the first turn of this second expedition.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by sully » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:59 pm

Re: (078) A Second Expedition

The Herald proposes the party set out for the hidden stair entrance, only approaching with extreme caution until they can determine there is no trap or ambush lurking.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Tonneau » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:21 pm

sully wrote:The Herald proposes the party set out for the hidden stair entrance, only approaching with extreme caution until they can determine there is no trap or ambush lurking.
"Arrr...more walking," grumbles Zax to noone in particular. "Well, you know the way, long-legs. Just let me know where to plant my pick and where I can collect my gold."

He claps his helm upon his head, leaving only a giant nose and hairy moustache protruding, and is ready to depart.
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:24 am

When the party is ready, Leudigar leads them to the goblin fortress.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by flightcommander » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:10 am

A man in a cloak and head-scarf of rough cloth is discovered amongst the party. "You need crossbow? I have crossbow." He thumps his chest.

"Akbar."
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by Tonneau » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:15 am

flightcommander wrote:A man in a cloak and head-scarf of rough cloth is discovered amongst the party. "You need crossbow? I have crossbow." He thumps his chest.

"Akbar."
Perhaps the best self-introduction ever.

I love him already
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Zem stay near the front of the company. "Stone steps you say and hidden watch posts? That ain't no goblin works, sounds like someone with some skills, I'm eager to see it. Come on lads pick up the pace, we got some goblins to kill!"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by sully » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:40 pm

The Herald looks over Akbar, shrugs his shoulders and waves him along. Come on, then.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by acodispo » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:45 pm

Wetzel, feeling hale, hardy, and well-armored, is willing to take the front rank of the main column, marching with spear at the ready and eyes alert, though he wears his helm.

He spends a little time chatting with whoever is nearby. To Zem, he describes the hidden stair and watchpost in detail, as well as he remembers it, since the fellow seems interested.

He intends to remove his armor & helm as soon as they reach the first camp and spend some time hunting, while they are still far away enough from their destination to (hopefully) be safe, and after a meal, to play his fife softly a bit for the entertainment of himself and any who care to listen, before armoring up again to take the first watch.

On the second and following nights he will rely on his rations, and will look regretfully at the fife but will not play it.
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by The Red Baron » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Dopey has a merry time on the road.

He twitters away to anyone within earshot until he runs out of breath, at which point he plods along at the ranger's heels wheezing and rubbing the knot in his belly.

When he gets to camp, the hobbet pulls out his bedroll. "Wake me when its my watch," Dopey mumbled as he drifted off to sleep.
Can Dopey wear armor on the road or is it too exhausting?
Do we have a new marching order?
A new watch order?
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Return to “Hinterlands”