(034) A Spring Day in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:51 pm

doctorx wrote:
Josiane seeks out Dorgan; "My friend, would you accompany me, please? I have a potentially - uncomfortable task to undertake and would be grateful to have a comrade at my side as I attempt it."

And if Dorgan is agreeable, she takes a deep breath, offers up a silent prayer to her White Lady and goes in search of Dieter Ogreslayer, (preferably somewhere free of Goblins).

"Lord Dieter?" she says politely; "I believe you expressed the desire to 'deal with me later?' Would now be a convenient time?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 pm

sulldawga wrote:
doctorx wrote:Josiane seeks out Dorgan; "My friend, would you accompany me, please? I have a potentially - uncomfortable task to undertake and would be grateful to have a comrade at my side as I attempt it."
Dorgan nods solemnly.

"Of course, Miss. Ya stood by me when ya didn't even know me. How can I refuse ya now?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:23 pm

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote: "Have you served...no, let me put it this way, have you worked for humans, dwarves, hobbits or elves before?"

"Do you have references from the houses where you have previously worked?"

"Of course, Master Olaf," says Bennug, "Many of the houses of Ket are the residences of Men, we have no problem whatever accommodating their needs. Many of them appreciate our small size, eagerness to please, and great tolerance, in fact.".

"The Concourse will have written records on all of our previous engagements, if that is what you wish I'm sure they will be happy to find those records for a small fee. But in the meanwhile, I can assure Sir that we have for a number of years been in the employ of one Lady Estelle of Maine, who until recently maintained a summer house here in Ket. With her recent separation from her husband, she no longer has the means to finance that house, and we were, unfortunately, let go."
"Shame to hear about a lady falling on hard times." Olaf says, "Even one who's acquaintance I haven't made."

"I think you should know that the members of our company have had some bitter dealings with those of your kind, Bennug. They will have reservations about you, but perhaps those reservations can be overcome in time."

"Now." Olaf takes a deep breath, "When we viewed this property there was furniture, not a lot, mine you, but a lot more than I see around the house now. I think the first order of business will be for you to see if you can find out what happened to it and see if you and the rest of the staff can start getting things organized."

"I need to find the rest of the party and discuss things with them. Josiana went in there, I think." Olaf points to the closed doors of the ballroom. I'll go speak to her now and you can get on with your duties."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:26 pm

eris wrote:
Olaf goes into the ballroom, where he thinks Josiana has gone and finds most of the company in there conspiring...I think. [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]

"So, what is the great interest you all have in this room?" Olaf asks.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:37 am

coffee wrote:
doctorx wrote:"Lord Dieter?" she says politely; "I believe you expressed the desire to 'deal with me later?' Would now be a convenient time?"
"Good as any, I suppose," Dieter says.

"I don't know you. What I mean by that is, I've never fought beside you. Maybe you have some reason to suck up to servants.

"I don't.

"When I was face to face with a giant -- one who was trying to kill me at the time, mind you -- I saw the rest of my life flash before my eyes. Not one bit of it entailed taking crap from servants.

"I don't give a d**n what race they are. I've had men try to kill me as well as other races. But if a servant wants to give me guff, he's for it. Give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile.

"And if you have a problem with that, well, there's the door."

He pauses for a moment.

"And if you don't, maybe you can tell me what you're all getting so excited about in that other room."

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:09 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough discretely retires to his room to bide time until the evening's festivities. He spends the afternoon reviewing his notes from the library. From time to time, he glares out the window at the goblins toiling in the yard and mutters softly to himself.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:46 pm

doctorx wrote:
Josiane listens patiently and courteously as the Ogreslayer speaks, (her eyes widening slightly at the mention of the giant perhaps, but she hides it well).

When Dieter has finished she nods her head; "I understand, and am greatly relieved you judge on actions rather than race." She gives a slightly disapproving frown tempered by the ghost of a sweet smile; "Not that I entirely approve of the - ah - forcefulness of your methods, but if you were insulted, you were certainly entitled to redress."

"And I apologise for the harshness of my reprimand," she continues quietly to avoid being overheard; "Although in truth I meant no insult. I was desperate to keep the Goblins from the house and thought an angry response to you might provide enough of a diversion." She frowns; "I have nothing against these folk and look to see the best in them, but that does not mean I trust them. Quite the opposite."

"A secret door has been discovered in the ballroom and stood open at the time of the Goblins arrival," She continues quietly; "I attempted to inform you of it in a veiled fashion during my tirade, and apologise if I was unable to make my meaning clear. A narrow passage leads to a chamber seemingly infested with verminous insects and containing old crates and boxes. And this pit goes deeper still. We know little more than that at present, and I think it best the Goblins know nothing of it at all."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:59 am

tonneau wrote:
Seeing a lack of support for his bold venture into the dungeon, Gustave sighs and meekly collects his armour up from the floor.

He then wanders off in search of Bennug, to enquire if goblins have any skills in the manufacture of pastries...

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:05 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:Desmond needs a proper bed and maybe an old trunk w/a lock in his room, at the very least.

Can we get a pricing list for such things? He wants to see if that is something he can get now... or if he'll have to use a bed roll for a while.
I have added pricing for some furniture http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?ac ... ge=1#89067here.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:09 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
tonneau wrote:Seeing a lack of support for his bold venture into the dungeon, Gustave sighs and meekly collects his armour up from the floor.

He then wanders off in search of Bennug, to enquire if goblins have any skills in the manufacture of pastries...
"Pastries, Sir?" says Bennug knowingly, "I shall have Madam Piganne prepare some," he bows and heads off toward the kitchen.

Return to “Hinterlands”