(034) A Spring Day in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:51 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
It is a glorious spring morning in Ket. The sun is shiny happily between patchy clouds and the air feels mild rather than cool. You have the feeling you have seen the back of winter.

Most of the company members have had ample time to conduct their own business... and while Albert's place is friendly and comfortable enough, there is talk of moving to more spacious accommodations. Pelenwin, besides, is eager to be about his latest mission.

Everybody is beginning to get itchy feet, in any case.

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:38 am

tombowings wrote:
After gathering the company together, Pelenwin tells his comrades of his quest

"Friends - as many of you are may already be more than aware of - I have been tasked to unearth the mysteries upturned graves along the Temple of Thuul. My findings have lead my to conclude that there are dark dealings hidden within the groggy depths of Ket's sepulcher.

"Now here I am, asking you for assistance. I fear I cannot tackle is threat alone. Though many of us may die - we do not die in vain. I know myself willing die for a place of honor amongst champions of old, but I know many of you may not. Thus I offer the chance of wealth and a fair bit of respectability, not to mention a much easier voyage than to the ogre's den."

After a long pause, grasping for words, Pelenwin grabs for his mace, raises in the air, and shouts, "Who's with me!?!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:02 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
"I don't know about the rest of you, but before I consider dying in someone else's tomb, I'd like to maybe find some more permanent lodgings - someplace where I can walk around for a bit without this bloody cloak on me heads..."

Desmond thinks the proper manse would be a bit of fun! How many active party members are there at this point? 10? Assuming we'd all be willing to chip in, that would just be 30sp a month. I just spent 21sp on a week of food and lodgings... it has to be cheaper to live in the fortified house! And we'd all have our own private rooms (Desmond and Mondes would probably share one, which means we'd even have two guest rooms), some security, and some privacy.

That's my vote, anyways...

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:56 pm

danhem wrote:
"I will join you on this venture Pelenwin; who knows what arcane mysteries lie with the dead?" Ulric says with a gleam in his eyes. "But I must agree with Desmond. We should secure more permanent lodgings first and move our belongings there before setting out. I also need to obtain some new equipment to replace what I lost at the Saxxon's keep."

"As far as the options, we can certainly afford the manse and we could use the space and security."

OOC: Considering the high mortality rate, we might as well live large. ;D

Ways, Ulric will purchase a dagger, hooded lantern, 3 flasks of oil, 1 flask of holy water, and 2 days fresh rations (I'm sure we'll get hungry) for 24 sp and 14 cp.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 pm

doctorx wrote:
"I will stand with you, Sir Pelenwin," says Josiane in a clear voice; "Your quest is already my own. My sword is yours."

"And I have news," she says in quieter tones to the entire company; "The sepulchre we began to investigate belongs to the Gottfried family - a warrior clan claimed to have founded Ket and some of whose later members are possessed of a - dubious reputation."

"And that is not all," she continues excitedly; "The defiled graves in the churchyard? All executed for alleged 'treason' - the order signed by one Ludwig Grumolg - the owner, I suspect, of the warehouse in which we found the walking dead, stolen from those very defiled graves we discovered. The threads of this foul spiders web draw closer together."

To Pelenwin privately: "You wish to study the scrolls I bear? I would be happy for you to, but have care - they are scripted in Ancient Empyrean, and to look upon such runes for too long brings blindness to the eyes, or so it is said."

And in response to his offer to share his own knowledge: "I would be deeply humbled, good friend. My foster-father always spoke well of the Knights of Seyal. It would be an honour to learn of their lore."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:27 pm

sulldawga wrote:
"Aye, I'm with ya as well," Dorgan says. "I'd like to see this vampeer defeated and the Goblins, too."

"As fer a place ta call our own, I'll go with the group. I ain't got a copper to my name so let's hope this Gottfried fellow got buried with a lot of coin."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:39 pm

tonneau wrote:
"I will also join you", says Gustave to Pelenwin and Josiane, arriving late and gleaming his way into the room in what is evidently very very shiny new armour, which he parades with no small amount of glee. He resplendence is marred only minimally by the small remnant flakes of what appears to be pastry upon his breast.

"I do agree a more stable lodging would be in order though, and my two-headed chum speaks well here: nothing less than a manse would suit a group of this stature", he adds, scanning his companions appreciatively and grinning at Desmond/Mondes.

"I say we make the appropriate arrangement and settle ourselves in ere we move on this quest. One should not go unprepared, I'll warrant, against anything that has already been killed once.", he continues, gravely, "But at least this time we have some well earned intelligence it seems - your research is a boon, and worthy of a true scholar, my Lady", he finishes with a nod to Josiane.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:38 am

mushgnome wrote:
"I will join your descent into darkness," whispers Highbough the Cypher. Swallowed by his dark robe and leaning on his ire spear, is he Elf or Undead?

He tosses a pile of silver coins onto the table, his contribution toward renting a proper manse. A private bed, a bath, a proper meal, servants to tuck him in at night, a secret dungeon for his experiments...

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:55 am

tonneau wrote:
mushgnome wrote:"... a secret dungeon for his experiments...
Little does Highbough know that Gustave has already commandeered the space for a wine cellar...

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:35 am

eris wrote:
tonneau wrote:
mushgnome wrote:"... a secret dungeon for his experiments...
Little does Highbough know that Gustave has already commandeered the space for a wine cellar...
Wine IS magic...is'nt it? [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

I am awith you in the venture, and I also vote for the mase. But let's kill the other guys instead of getting killed ourselves okay?

Return to “Hinterlands”