(076) Off the Beaten Track

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:02 pm

Re: (076) Off the Beaten Track

acodispo wrote:Wetzel helps himself to 3 of the torches (leaving, it seems, 3 in the pile), 3 days worth of food, and a wine skin. He also takes Menno's dagger as extra weaponry.
ehiker133 wrote: The Red Baron indicated that Dopey would take the torches, helm, and Gunter's plate mail. I think the food should probably be divided up evenly (or at least one day to six of the PCs) or left for anyone who wants to stay and watch from the hidden stairs.
Dopey already indicated grabbing all of the torches; you two should work out if you want to split them or not. If anyone stays to keep watch on the fortress, they will need all of the food recovered from Thickneck's men or they may have to forage until we can return with more food.

Also, Mushgnome, if Boggs is going to stay, he might want to give his share of coin to someone returning to camp and have them pick up additional food for him.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by mushgnome » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:28 pm

"If we camp here tonight, I'll volunteer for first watch," volunteers Boggs, "though my vote would be we start walking back to camp now and hike through the night."
Boggs' idea to split the party evaporated the moment waysoftheearth suggested we could earn gp and xp for bringing the subdued Thick Neck back to camp.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:13 pm

mushgnome wrote:Boggs' idea to split the party evaporated the moment waysoftheearth suggested we could earn gp and xp for bringing the subdued Thick Neck back to camp.
OK, then that is resolved. Something so important as food should be split evenly, when possible, I think. Does anyone disagree? If not, then six people should take one share of the normal food. We can draw lots to determine or someone can volunteer...
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by The Red Baron » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:11 pm

Dopey took just enough food to restock the rations he had consumed on the trip up till this point (4 days).

His backpack is full with a week's worth of food.
[f=4]Mero the Fighter (M 9", AC 2/4, hp 7/7, FC Man+1, L) plate+helm, spear+shield[/f]

Just don't panic because your life is in the hands of someone named Dopey

Post by acodispo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:50 pm

ehiker133 wrote:OK, then that is resolved. Something so important as food should be split evenly, when possible, I think. Does anyone disagree? If not, then six people should take one share of the normal food.
Did I miscount food? I had a total of 18 days from the packs of fallen allies, plus 6 days from the dead enemy Men.

More generally, I'm fine with any food-sharing arrangement! :D
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:54 pm

acodispo wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:OK, then that is resolved. Something so important as food should be split evenly, when possible, I think. Does anyone disagree? If not, then six people should take one share of the normal food.
Did I miscount food? I had a total of 18 days from the packs of fallen allies, plus 6 days from the dead enemy Men.

More generally, I'm fine with any food-sharing arrangement! :D
Ah! I totally forgot about the food from fallen allies! No, you are dead on then, brother! Thanks for catching that. Three days rations per person it is.

Of course, we'll probably need to feed Thickneck on the way back...

Post by acodispo » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:21 pm

ehiker133 wrote:Ah! I totally forgot about the food from fallen allies! No, you are dead on then, brother! Thanks for catching that. Three days rations per person it is.
Hurray! :-)
[f=47]Wilibald "Willie" Whitfoot, F1/T1 (M 12", AC 6, HD 1+2, hp 9/9, L) gambeson+helm, shield+warhammer[/f]
[f=59]Witherun [Agile Hero, MV 12′′, AC 6, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L] hide+helm, shield+dagger or bow[/f]

Post by sully » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:00 pm

We don't have to feed Thick-Neck. Just give him water and next to no rations to keep him weak and docile.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by coffee » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:54 pm

sully wrote:We don't have to feed Thick-Neck. Just give him water and next to no rations to keep him weak and docile.
Karl would say half-rations, but yes.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:22 am

"Tha stair? It leads down ta tha west barracks o' course!" replies Thick-Neck grumpily.

Once Leudigar and Co. return from inspecting the watch hole, the company appears to have decided to make a camp somewhere within sight of, but off of, the ridge-top trail. Without further ado, they move into the scrubby gullies that lie downhill from the ridge and--thankfully for The Herald who bears Alfwin's body--it doesn't take too long to locate a suitable hollow. Dusk is soon approaching by the time the cold camp is established and everyone settles in to chew on what hardening bread, cheese, and dry meats remain for the evening meal.

"Better hope they ain't missed us yet, or don't send up tha Wolves to sniff us, ey?" mutters Thick-Neck as the watch detail is established...

Everyone turns uncomfortably at that, seeking what rest they may...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”