(033) Life in the Fast Lane

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:41 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Meanwhile... the rest of the company have been spending their days drinking and chatting at the common room of the Plough and Furrow.

It has been a week now, with the cost of living each to 3sp per day for meals, 3sp per night for accommodations, and a further 2sp per day blown on additional drinks, comes to 8sp per day, per person.

It is an expensive way to live... but the company coffers will stretch to it rather comfortably.

Your feet are getting itchy.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:46 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
If there is anything else that needs doing in the preceding week, please say so quickly.

(Olaf and Dieter, for example, both wanted to buy gear, but didn't say exactly what they wanted to purchase).

Everybody else, over to the next thread, if you please [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:28 am

eris wrote:
I think Olaf and Dieter need to present the 3 housing choices to everyone and get a decision from the group. I'll have to check out gear and get back to you.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:23 pm

doctorx wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Meanwhile... the rest of the company have been spending their days drinking and chatting at the common room of the Plough and Furrow.

It has been a week now, with the cost of living each to 3sp per day for meals, 3sp per night for accommodations, and a further 2sp per day blown on additional drinks, comes to 8sp per day, per person.

It is an expensive way to live... but the company coffers will stretch to it rather comfortably.

Your feet are getting itchy.
Given that there's no way Josiane can afford this and she dislikes appearing to live off others she offers to 'work her passage' by cleaning, polishing, sewing, sharpening weapons and generally taking care of any minor chores her companions need doing.

She undertakes these tasks cheerfully and efficiently. The years she spent acting as squire to her foster-father stand her in good stead here.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:40 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote:I think Olaf and Dieter need to present the 3 housing choices to everyone and get a decision from the group. I'll have to check out gear and get back to you.
It looks like the manse is the popular choice.

I will do some accounting this evening to figure out whether it is affordable...

p.s., also waiting to hear what (if any) additional equipment Olaf has purchased in the days just gone by.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:11 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Josiane and Pelenwin have agreed to teach each other one mystery from their respective prayer books.

Neither of them can read the scriptures contained in the other's book, so it requires detailed tutelage which takes a few days.

You may each choose one prayer from the other's book to add to your own. Please let me know which prayer you would like to add (you can see each others spell lists in the PC creation thread).

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:24 pm

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote:I think Olaf and Dieter need to present the 3 housing choices to everyone and get a decision from the group. I'll have to check out gear and get back to you.
It looks like the manse is the popular choice.

I will do some accounting this evening to figure out whether it is affordable...

p.s., also waiting to hear what (if any) additional equipment Olaf has purchased in the days just gone by.
OOC: Ways, I'll get to that as soon as I can. This is beginning of term and I'm teaching 7 sections...a double overload! Yuck! More money, but I'll just about be living in my office. [img]images/smiley/sad.png[/img] Anyway, Olaf wants to get his armor upgraded, get another helm and shield (I think he lost both), get another bow (he had to leave his behind), and restock gear like rope, spikes, torches, oil (mage oil if he can find it), and such.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:27 pm

doctorx wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Josiane and Pelenwin have agreed to teach each other one mystery from their respective prayer books.

Neither of them can read the scriptures contained in the other's book, so it requires detailed tutelage which takes a few days.

You may each choose one prayer from the other's book to add to your own. Please let me know which prayer you would like to add (you can see each others spell lists in the PC creation thread).
The Infallible Exaction is a mite too violent for Josiane's tastes, so she'll go with The Inviolable Tranquillity.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:38 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote:Olaf wants to get his armor upgraded, get another helm and shield (I think he lost both), get another bow (he had to leave his behind), and restock gear like rope, spikes, torches, oil (mage oil if he can find it), and such.
Olaf already has chainmail armour and, assuming he agrees to pay 200sp toward the lease of the manse, he can't afford any better armour. He can pay 14sp to have his existing coat of mail cleaned, oiled, repaired, and generally made like new.

The other goods he can certainly purchase; excepting that he will have to settle for regular oil. Magefire oil cannot be found.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:40 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
doctorx wrote:The Infallible Exaction is a mite too violent for Josiane's tastes, so she'll go with The Inviolable Tranquillity.
Very good. Josiane solves the mystery of The Inviolable Tranquility, and makes a copy of it in her spell book.

Return to “Hinterlands”