(033) Life in the Fast Lane

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:45 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Life continues in Ket, much as it ever has...

People, I plan to fast forward a week or so of "regular life" in Ket so that we can get back to our more adventuresome course.

From what has been said thus far I'm assuming people want to pursue the following:
  • Ulric wants to research his new spells, and the foreign coins.
  • Highbough wants to research his new spells, and contact Trader Eduard and the Elves.
  • Josiane wants to do some historical research on the deceased.
  • Desmond wants to visit the Sisters of Mercy, and purchase a mule.
  • Gustave wants to visit the Sisters of Mercy, and see his commission of plate armour completed.
  • Pelenwin is eager to investigate the graveyard and the sepulcher, and study Josiane's scriptures.
  • Olaf and Dieter wish to secure some accommodations for the party around town.
  • Dieter wishes to replace/repair his arms & armour.
  • Olaf wishes to replace/repair his arms & armour.
Please make a note here if there is anything else you wish your PC to do in Ket before we get back to the dungeoneering.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:30 pm

mushgnome wrote:
You are correct; spell research is Highbough's #1 priority for the stay in town.

If he has any time remaining then he will try to find the hidden Elf population (possibly with the help of the Eduard the Trader) and hire one or more Elfish mercenaries. If no Elves can be found then he will hire a human meatshield instead. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Is anyone else interested in horses, or are we content with our current slogging-through-the-mud mode of transit?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:47 pm

coffee wrote:
Dieter (and I believe Olaf as well) also wants to repair and/or upgrade his arms and armor.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:58 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
coffee wrote:Dieter (and I believe Olaf as well) also wants to repair and/or upgrade his arms and armor.
Dieter currently has a beaten up, muddy leather jacket (AC 7), and a dinged, scuffed and rusty helm (adjusts AC by 1). His shield was destroyed long ago by a thumping blow from a Giant's club.

Dieter also has high dexterity which will adjust his AC by 1 so long as he doesn't wear heavy armour.

His full inventory is:

Clothing, Backpack (1), Bedroll (1), Purse {14gp 469sp}, Waterskin, Leather armour (2), Wulfric's Helm (1), Sword (1), 60ft Loyal silk rope (1), Spring loaded grappel (1), Sling, Dagger, Flewellen's Dagger, Flewellen's Sling, Flewellen's Tinderbox, Crowbar (1), Sack, Ring of Gambado, Pelenwin's bedroll (1).

The prices of armour (and other goodies) are listed http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?bo ... hread=3426here .

Please list off exactly what Dieter wishes to buy.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:08 pm

danhem wrote:
Ulric busies himself with research at the library when he can.

OOC: Ulric also wanted to look into the origin of the strange coins we found; this would be the last item on the list I provided.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:58 pm

eris wrote:
coffee wrote:Dieter (and I believe Olaf as well) also wants to repair and/or upgrade his arms and armor.
Right!

Olaf (and Dieter, too, I believe) were

1. exchanging our copper coin into more portable silver

2. looking for more permanent lodging

3. repairing/upgrading arms and armor and replacing gear we used up, broke or left behind.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:01 pm

eris wrote:
mushgnome wrote:You are correct; spell research is Highbough's #1 priority for the stay in town.

If he has any time remaining then he will try to find the hidden Elf population (possibly with the help of the Eduard the Trader) and hire one or more Elfish mercenaries. If no Elves can be found then he will hire a human meatshield instead. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Is anyone else interested in horses, or are we content with our current slogging-through-the-mud mode of transit?
I'm interested in horses, but I'm even more interested in us acquiring "henchmen" and "carriers." Horses won't do us much good if we have to leave them behind when we go "delving" and we come back to find them dead or gone.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:02 pm

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Life continues in Ket, much as it ever has...

People, I plan to fast forward a week or so of "regular life" in Ket so that we can get back to our more adventuresome course.

From what has been said thus far I'm assuming people want to pursue the following:
  • Ulric wants to research his new spells.
  • Highbough wants to research his new spells.
  • Josiane wants to do some historical research on the deceased.
  • Gustave and Desmond want to visit the Sisters of Mercy.
  • Gustave wants to see his commission of plate armour completed.
  • Pelenwin (with Dorgan's and Wibert's help) is eager to investigate the graveyard and the sepulcher.
  • Olaf and Dieter wish to secure some accommodations for the party around town.
  • Dieter wishes to replace/repair his armour.
  • Olaf wishes to replace/repair armor, arms and lost/used up gear.
Please make a note here if there is anything else you wish your PC to do in Ket before we get back to the dungeoneering.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:04 pm

mushgnome wrote:
eris wrote: I'm interested in horses, but I'm even more interested in us acquiring "henchmen" and "carriers." Horses won't do us much good if we have to leave them behind when we go "delving" and we come back to find them dead or gone.
Agreed.... ways may we please have a summary of your house rules for henchmen/hirelings? (Highbough has 14 Charisma)

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:21 pm

tombowings wrote:
Pelenwin would also like to study up on some new spells in his spare time, preparing himself for the dangers to come. Also...making his companions a bit more perfectible to the Deacon may be could, but it's likely a lost cause until the end of this adventure.

Return to “Hinterlands”