(032) Another Day in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:24 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

doctorx wrote:
Josiane continues listening carefully, trying to determine what it is that makes Grumolg such a talking point.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:57 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Highbough; The Concourse

The grand lobby is busy with folk and chatter, and Highbough has no trouble slipping past the silly little brass rope stands that are positioned in front of a stair -- presumably to keep the crowd to the lobby.

He briskly (for an Elf of his age) pads up the curved stair and out of sight, and soon finds himself on a great mezzanine level where an open corridor runs completely around the grand lobby, below.

There are dozens of doors that might be opened, to who knows what surprises, but with the amphitheater in mind, Highbough turns to his right and slinks toward the amphitheater end of the passage. Alas, there is no apparent access to the theater from the mezzanine corridor.

Highbough glances down a moment and sees Ulric conversing with the door guards in the gaggle of folk 50ft below.

He might, perhaps, open the nearest door leading off the passage to investigate within...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:25 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

mushgnome wrote:
If the guards appear sufficiently distracted then Highbough will indeed peek through the door. He is not a bad Elf--all things considered he would rather be studying a mouldy old book--but since the Traders themselves have barred his access to the Library this morning...

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:38 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

danhem wrote:
Ulric nods in thanks to the guard and turns his attention to the chamberlain.

"Excuse me, Master Chamberlain. I am looking for a Trader by the name of Eduard. I am Ulric, a scholar newly arrived in Ket. I am seeking Eduard to serve as my Patron; I would like to join your Concourse. Has he already entered the meeting chamber?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:30 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

heartless wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote: Gustave is coughing and spluttering on the floor.

Mondes is muttering and swearing like a trooper (as usual).
Wibert moves away from the door expecting Pelenwin to return and looks at his companions. "A fine lot you are ypu sound like you're dying, shutup, do you want us kicked out of here!", says Wibert.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:45 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

tombowings wrote:
"Take your dagger, Wilbert. - its Elvish." Pelenwin says, annoyed with the unsubtly of his companions. "This way to the graveyard. But remember, I'm in charge of this investigation. If something goes wrong its on my head, not yours, so stay sharp of my sharp blade will penetrate your eye."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:09 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
doctorx wrote:Josiane continues listening carefully, trying to determine what it is that makes Grumolg such a talking point.
...apparently there was some sort of incident at one of Grumolg's warehouses. Arson, industrial espionage, murder... it's all there.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:13 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

doctorx wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
doctorx wrote:Josiane continues listening carefully, trying to determine what it is that makes Grumolg such a talking point.
...apparently there was some sort of incident at one of Grumolg's warehouses. Arson, industrial espionage, murder... it's all there.
;D

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:31 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Highbough; The Concourse Mezzanine
mushgnome wrote:If the guards appear sufficiently distracted then Highbough will indeed peek through the door. He is not a bad Elf--all things considered he would rather be studying a mouldy old book--but since the Traders themselves have barred his access to the Library this morning...
The only guards that Highbough is aware of are downstairs in the lobby, and those are certainly busy with the great gaggle of Traders and aides trying to get into the amphitheater...

...this being the case, he turns the door handle and peeks into the room within.

It is dark and musty within. The old Elf's eyes are still sharp enough to tell him that he is looking at an office of some sort, and judging by the musty smell and the great throws of fabric draped over most of the furnishing, it must surely be disused...

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:41 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Ulric; the Amphitheater Doors
danhem wrote: "Excuse me, Master Chamberlain. I am looking for a Trader by the name of Eduard. I am Ulric, a scholar newly arrived in Ket. I am seeking Eduard to serve as my Patron; I would like to join your Concourse. Has he already entered the meeting chamber?"
The Master Chamberlain spares Ulric a blink of a look before continuing to scan his scrolls busily...

"Ulric, Ulric..." he mutters, and intermittently ticks of other Traders as he passes their names on the list, "Benedict, Wagerline, Tranmeare..." these folk pass into the amphitheater as they are ticked off...

"I am afraid, Master Ulric," says the Chamberlain with a glance at Ulric between nodding two others through, "that your Eduard is already within."

Another knot of Traders are jockeying for the Chamberlain's attention... these a group of Snorks.

"Ah, Master Fudlog," the Chamberlain gives one of the Snorks a thin smile that just as well be a sneer.

Ulric feels himself being jostled about in the crowd; there are still scores of folk pressing to enter...

Return to “Hinterlands”