(032) Another Day in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:19 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

sulldawga wrote:
"I'll be returnin' to the Temple as well. I've some questions to ask the priests there 'bout traffic to and from that graveyard. Mebbe they know more about the tomb, too."

Dorgan looked at Gustave and Desmond. "I'll head over there with ya. No pun intended, Des."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:37 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

tonneau wrote:
"Right you are my dear dwarf", replies Gustave, feeling somewhat better after consuming a large number of pastries, "the Temple it is. Perhaps our man Pelenwin can indeed point us in the right direction for a cure to this tenacious malady", he adds, nodding toward Josiane.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:08 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

ehiker133 wrote:
sulldawga wrote:"I'll be returnin' to the Temple as well. I've some questions to ask the priests there 'bout traffic to and from that graveyard. Mebbe they know more about the tomb, too."

Dorgan looked at Gustave and Desmond. "I'll head over there with ya. No pun intended, Des."
"Why not? I make fun of this noggin all the time!" and he dips his head to the side into Mondes' head.

"I hope they can be discrete..." he smirks, as he rolls his eyes over to Mondes.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:05 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

heartless wrote:
sulldawga wrote: Dorgan looked at Gustave and Desmond. "I'll head over there with ya. No pun intended, Des."
Wibert looks up with food in his mouth and speaks, "Woowww the temple seems the place to be today. You all better bring some gifts for the priests, and they should aid you. I need to checkin on Pelenwin anyhow to get my dagger back. I will not feel safe again around here without it. I'm sure it anyone can the priests can help you out Desmond! Let us all finish this great breakfast and get going."

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:42 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

eris wrote:
"I planned to start looking around for a villa or house to rent for the party today." Olaf says, "I could use some help doing that if any of you are interested."

"Oh, yes!" Olaf pauses and looks up, "I also wanted to inventory my armor and weapons to make sure they are up to snuff...as I'm sure they are going to be needed sooner rather than later."

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:18 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

ehiker133 wrote:
heartless wrote:
sulldawga wrote: Dorgan looked at Gustave and Desmond. "I'll head over there with ya. No pun intended, Des."
Wibert looks up with food in his mouth and speaks, "Woowww the temple seems the place to be today. You all better bring some gifts for the priests, and they should aid you. I need to checkin on Pelenwin anyhow to get my dagger back. I will not feel safe again around here without it. I'm sure it anyone can the priests can help you out Desmond! Let us all finish this great breakfast and get going."
"Gifts?" asks Desmond. "What kind of gifts? Should we ask Pelenwin what he recommends, first? Or if they can even help us?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:54 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

coffee wrote:
eris wrote:"I planned to start looking around for a villa or house to rent for the party today." Olaf says, "I could use some help doing that if any of you are interested."

"Oh, yes!" Olaf pauses and looks up, "I also wanted to inventory my armor and weapons to make sure they are up to snuff...as I'm sure they are going to be needed sooner rather than later."
"I'll go with you," Dieter says, tugging at the collar of his new shirt. It seems far too stiff, not like clothing at all. Perhaps walking around town will help it to loosen up, so it'll be more comfortable.

"And I'll bring my arms and armor along, too."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:09 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
A hearty breakfast is had in Albert's common room (for a mere 2cp per head) as plans for the upcoming day are discussed.

Those returned from the recent adventure in the wilds are feeling uncommonly invigorated (see the new hit point rolls in the OOC thread).

Gustave and Desmond/Mondes, however, are both still feeling sick due to the poisoning they suffered, and are each now down 2 pips of constitution.

It seems that Ulric, Highbough, Josiane, Olaf and Dieter are planning to go to the Concourse, the former for more research, and the latter to look for some accommodations.

Gustave, Desmond, Wibert and Dorgan are planning to go to the Temple.

That leaves only Guntram, Victor and Koch without any pressing business...

As you will (presumably?) be vacating your rooms, what do you intend to do with the loot for the day?

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:10 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote: "Oh, yes!" Olaf pauses and looks up, "I also wanted to inventory my armor and weapons to make sure they are up to snuff...as I'm sure they are going to be needed sooner rather than later."
Olaf did lose a pile of gear somewhere in the dungeon... but he finds he still has the following in his possession:

Olaf (Man F3, AC4/5, HD 3+2, hp 11/11, Load 17/14)

Clothing, Backpack (1), Bedroll (1), Purse {6gp 388sp 341cp} (7), Waterskin {empty}, Chainmail (4), Helm (1), Sword (1), Masterwork lantern {3/4 full of magefire oil} (1), Matching tinderbox, Matching flask of magefire oil {1/2 quart}, The Resplendant Scepter (1).

Clearly, he won't want to be lugging his huge sack of coin around with him all day!

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:09 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

rleduc wrote:
Guntrum offers to guard the loot another day. Perhaps one of the rooms should be retained for the purpose. He'd be grateful of the assistance of Victor and/or Koch. If accommodations cannot be readily had, perhaps the party might look into banking or exchanging the loot. A town with so many traders must have some sort of financiers.

Return to “Hinterlands”