(032) Another Day in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:27 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough grants the Concierge his hollow victory and humbly begs re-admittance to the Library at the appointed hour.

Once inside, he bids his companions adieu and pursues his own mysterious studies...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:01 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

danhem wrote:
Ulric carefully wraps his Grimoire and places back in his satchel. Gathering himself, Ulric approaches the concierge with a silver shilling in his hand.

"Hello again," he says. "Is it time for us to go inside?"

Ulric places his shilling on the desk and signs his name along with "Historical research" as his intent.

OOC: Did Ulric have enough time and silence to memorize any of his spells in the Concourse lobby?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:47 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

doctorx wrote:
Josiane also digs out a silver shilling, signs her name and gives her purpose as 'Historical research', which is pretty much the truth.

Her objectives are threefold:

1) To search for any papers relating to the deaths of the once-occupants of the disturbed graves she found in the graveyard - who were Gunter Wiesel, Bartholomew Kries, Katrin Hiesel and the others? How did they die? Was there anything unusual regarding their demise? Are any relatives mentioned?

2) To search the records of legal executions over the last couple of years. She's particularly interested in who takes charge of the bodies after death and where and how they're supposed to be disposed of.

3) A little bit of heraldry - she wants to find out anything she can about those shield designs she saw in the crypt - the wolf motif and the intertwined serpents - and who bore them.

While carrying out the above she is alert to anything out of the ordinary she might stumble across suggestive of mysterious activity in the town that in any way smacks to her of vampirism...

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:56 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

mushgnome wrote:
Silver coin and "historical research" for Highbough too. Ways knows what he'll be researching. [img]images/smiley/smiley.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:31 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

tombowings wrote:
Pelenwin glares at his comrades. "If the a walking dead man scare you, I beckon you to leave my sight. But don't be surprised if we are not allowed another visit. I am not on good terms with the Deacon."

Without further ado, Pelenwin will march over to one of the recently robbed graves to inspect what may be missing. Being a Templar, I assume he know about burials rites and is anything is now missing or otherwise off about the grave.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:13 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

tonneau wrote:
Gustave regards Pelenwin with furrowed brow as the templar bustles over to the dark pits of the dead.

He turns to Desmond/Mondes and whispers "Remind me never to meditate", before turning on his heel.

"Right then, pastries it is. Care to join me for a feed my multi-cephalic comrade?" he adds, grinning at the two-headed halfling.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:00 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

ehiker133 wrote:
tonneau wrote:Gustave regards Pelenwin with furrowed brow as the templar bustles over to the dark pits of the dead.

He turns to Desmond/Mondes and whispers "Remind me never to meditate", before turning on his heel.

"Right then, pastries it is. Care to join me for a feed my multi-cephalic comrade?" he adds, grinning at the two-headed halfling.
"Oi," murmurs Desmond, "Would be nice if we ran across someone who didn't hate us for once!" His stomach grumbles at Gustave's suggestion and says, "Yeah, that sounds fortifying!"

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:00 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

sulldawga wrote:
tombowings wrote:"Greeting again, Dorgan," Pelenwin says, as he continues down to the graveyards, "Did you find what you were looking for?"
Nae, I didn't. The monks, they sing and sing. Who can get a word in?

Dorgan sees the look on Pelenwin's face and decides not to ask how the conversation with the Deacon went.

I should warn ya, the group didn't have much stomach for explorin' the last time we was here. But I'm game.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:15 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

heartless wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:"Agreed. All for one and one for all. Besides," Desmond sniffs, "I could do with some chicken noodle soup and a day of rest before we go off following this old man on some d**ned fool adventure."
"Great idea Desmond my old friend, when we get back I will make a pot of special soup for everyone. I can buy some great ingredients from the market and show you what I can really do", exclaims Wibert.

In the graveyard Wibert will examine some open graves also with Pelenwin to see what has been taken or is still there, to get some clues to what has been going on.

Return to “Hinterlands”