(032) Another Day in Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:38 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
The company members find their own ways back to the Plough and Furrow as their chores are done, with Ulric and Highbough arriving last, well into the evening.

Albert serves drinks and a satisfying hot meal to his customers in the common room, before the company retire to their rooms upstairs for a well deserved good night's rest.

When the new day dawns everyone is feeling refreshed and invigorated!

What do you want to do today?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:47 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

tonneau wrote:
Gustave awakes with mixed feelings of enlightenment and ill health. In the half-wakefullness of morning, he ponders a string of revelations he had during his sleep while mulling over previous battles, and has something of an epiphony - perhaps if he looked at things this way...before his thoughts turn to the problem of a severe paucity of available women in the group, though that warrior lass...

Raising himself, renewed, from his pallet, he is seized by a wracking fit of coughing, and his mind drifts again back to the poisonous gasses of Saxxons dungeon. Doubled over on the floor, he resolves to seek help for this debilitating condition ere it become more severe.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:24 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

rleduc wrote:
If no one did so the night previous, Guntrum quietly describes their adventures of the afternoon before to the group.

"Friends, we do not know if these catacombs are related to Josiane and Dorgan's battle under the warehouse, but it could be so. What say you all of this mystery? Should we descend together, or spend another day figuring more of this crypt from the surface?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:55 am

(032) Another Day in Ket

ehiker133 wrote:
tonneau wrote:Gustave awakes with mixed feelings of enlightenment and ill health. In the half-wakefullness of morning, he ponders a string of revelations he had during his sleep while mulling over previous battles, and has something of an epiphony - perhaps if he looked at things this way...before his thoughts turn to the problem of a severe paucity of available women in the group, though that warrior lass...

Raising himself, renewed, from his pallet, he is seized by a wracking fit of coughing, and his mind drifts again back to the poisonous gasses of Saxxons dungeon. Doubled over on the floor, he resolves to seek help for this debilitating condition ere it become more severe.
Desmond, with tousled hair and bleary eyes, tries rubbing the tightness in his chest to make it go away. He hears coughing and looks over at Gustave sprawled on the floor.

"You feeling the same thing I am, then, Gustave? We should try to find someone who can help us clear this up. I haven't felt quite the same since I breathed in that gas."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:58 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough can't wait to get back to the Library and continue his personal research.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:34 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

ehiker133 wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote: When the new day dawns everyone is feeling refreshed and invigorated!

Err... which thread? The Present Company thread?

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:02 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

danhem wrote:
Ulric enjoys a hearty breakfast and prepares for a day of study.

"I will be at the library. There are many secrets that I must unravel before I chase danger and death again. I would urge the rest of you to wait as well. It would be best if we were at full strength. The secrets Highbough and I uncover will greatly increase our chances of survival."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:31 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

rleduc wrote:
"Maybe, to increase our chances, our scholars could look for knowledge of this crypt and the statues therein?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:23 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

doctorx wrote:
"That was my intent for this morn," says Josiane as she tucks into her breakfast; "Yesterday's investigation has given me several lines of enquiry to pursue, and I believe I can best do so at the library, if our noble sages will be so kind as to guide me there?" She flashes her pretty smile in the direction of Ulric and Highbough.

Turning to Gustave and Desmond: "My friends, it may be that the Temple of Thuul can relieve your sufferings. Many who follow the sign of the Enigma are skilled in leechcraft." She offers an apologetic half-smile; "I would offer to petition on your behalf, but I fear that may not necessarily work to your benefit."

Her face brightens; "Perhaps if you sought out the noble Pelenwin once more he might be able to obtain the assistance you need?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:19 pm

(032) Another Day in Ket

mushgnome wrote:
doctorx wrote:"That was my intent for this morn," says Josiane as she tucks into her breakfast; "Yesterday's investigation has given me several lines of enquiry to pursue, and I believe I can best do so at the library, if our noble sages will be so kind as to guide me there?" She flashes her pretty smile in the direction of Ulric and Highbough.
"As you wish," shrugs Highbough.

Secretly he is relieved at the freedom to pursue his own studies.

Return to “Hinterlands”