(030) The Plough and Furrow

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
The Plough and Furrow

Accommodations are arranged with Albert, and by mid afternoon he has all six room cleaned, aired, and at your disposal.

There are four bedsits, each with a single bed and an additional mattress laid out upon the the floor, and two regular rooms, each with two beds and an additional mattress laid out upon the floor.

All of the rooms are up a single flight of stairs, and are more-or-less above the common room. They each have a small square window, a simple wardrobe and a trunk at the foot of each bed, and a tiny round table with one (the bedsits) or two (the rooms) chairs. They look basic, but clean and comfortable. The doors have a simple wooden latch to lock them from the inside.

Those remaining at The Plough can take their pick of the rooms, or go about whatever other business they have in town.

Is anyone going to look for more permanent abode?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:23 pm

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:The Plough and Furrow

Accommodations are arranged with Albert, and by mid afternoon he has all six room cleaned, aired, and at your disposal.

There are four bedsits, each with a single bed and an additional mattress laid out upon the the floor, and two regular rooms, each with two beds and an additional mattress laid out upon the floor.

All of the rooms are up a single flight of stairs, and are more-or-less above the common room. They each have a small square window, a simple wardrobe and a trunk at the foot of each bed, and a tiny round table with one (the bedsits) or two (the rooms) chairs. They look basic, but clean and comfortable. The doors have a simple wooden latch to lock them from the inside.

Those remaining at The Plough can take their pick of the rooms, or go about whatever other business they have in town.

Is anyone going to look for more permanent abode?
Olaf would, but I think he's still baby sitting the bulk of the coin. If so, he will head upstairs, pick out a bed in a regular room and make himself comfortable.

OTOH, if the coin has already been divided and everyone has run off with their own share Olaf will make his way to the market and try to find a money changer. He wants to convert the coppers to silver pieces for easier carrying. Once he accomplishes that he will ask around the market for villas for rent or lease.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:37 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote: if the coin has already been divided and everyone has run off with their own share Olaf will make his way to the market and try to find a money changer.
My understanding is that the coin has been allocated into shares. Some PCs have already been off spending some of their loot. Others have left their loot at The Plough. Olaf (and others) could, if desired, stow the remaining shares of coins in the foot lockers in the rooms.

edit: Proboards almost tricked me into the US spelling of Plough!

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:04 am

ehiker133 wrote:
(I thought the coin in question was the chest of gold coins resulting from the sale of the necklace... or has that been divided, as well?)

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:29 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Gustave (having spent the most) could afford his shopping trip without resorting to his share of the silver from the sale of the necklace. I'll assume that the same holds true for everyone else, and therefore that all of the silver from the sale of the necklace is still tucked safely away in the coin box at The Plough and Furrow.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:26 pm

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
eris wrote: if the coin has already been divided and everyone has run off with their own share Olaf will make his way to the market and try to find a money changer.
My understanding is that the coin has been allocated into shares. Some PCs have already been off spending some of their loot. Others have left their loot at The Plough. Olaf (and others) could, if desired, stow the remaining shares of coins in the foot lockers in the rooms.
Hum, well, Olaf is paranoid...:)...he doesn't trust the foot locker in a room with a window and a flimsy lock on the door without someone with a sword sitting on top of it. He thinks the coin needs an armed guard over it until some place much safer can be found or it.
edit: Proboards almost tricked me into the US spelling of Plough!
Plow?

Well, it might not be the generally accepted US spelling, but unless I am mis-remembering plough is how my elementary teachers taught me to spell that word. Right here in the good ol' USA.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:21 pm

rleduc wrote:
OoC: both noun forms are used in the US, although plow is the more common spelling for the verb, perhaps strangely. And for modern terms, e.g. snowplow.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:40 pm

heartless wrote:
eris wrote: Hum, well, Olaf is paranoid...:)...he doesn't trust the foot locker in a room with a window and a flimsy lock on the door without someone with a sword sitting on top of it. He thinks the coin needs an armed guard over it until some place much safer can be found or it.
Wibert gets back to the The Plough and Furrow and greets Olaf. "Do you need a hand friend, you seem left with a lot of stuff. I can help guard it with you?", says Wibert with a smile on his face. "I can be trusted he adds. Shown by Ulric giving me the items to drop off at the temple", he quickly adds and sits down with a sword in his hand. "I look forward to getting my dagger back tomorrow, as a sword is a big big to use around town easily."

Wibert will plan what he needs to buy next.

OOC: What time is it now?

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:12 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote: OOC: What time is it now?
It is early afternoon still...

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:00 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough is like a kid in a candy shop. "Ulric what do we do next?"

Return to “Hinterlands”