(029) Return to Ket

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:22 pm

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
It is mid afternoon on a cool day, with a sky of patchy blue and grey cloud. It is a perfect day for a cross country hike. Especially when one is burdened with sacks full of loot!

So, due in part to well trod roads, and in part to rising morale, the company makes good time and it is just gone mid afternoon when the haze of Ket hoves into view, nestled comfortably in a wide bed of the generous stream; which in these parts is just shy of bold enough to be called a river.

There are good farm folk tilling fields all about, as well as carts, wagons and riders moving about the roads that circle the town. You will reach the walls well within the hour...

Are there any special plans or precautions?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:37 pm

(029) Return to Ket

danhem wrote:
Ulric looks at Ket as it appears in the distance and can scarcely believe his eyes.

"Who would think that that goblin-infested place would be such a welcome sight? We should be cautious. Let's find our friend's farm again and see if we can obtain another wagon to conceal our haul. We cannot simply walk through the city gates looking like this after all."

Ulric looks around the company.

"For those of you who have not been to Ket yet, be on your toes. The goblins hold a lot of authority here."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:16 pm

(029) Return to Ket

mushgnome wrote:
"Ulric, is there somewhere in Ket where an Elf might research new spells?" wonders Highbough.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:23 pm

(029) Return to Ket

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:It is mid afternoon on a cool day, with a sky of patchy blue and grey cloud. It is a perfect day for a cross country hike. Especially when one is burdened with sacks full of loot!

So, due in part to well trod roads, and in part to rising morale, the company makes good time and it is just gone mid afternoon when the haze of Ket hoves into view, nestled comfortably in a wide bed of the generous stream; which in these parts is just shy of bold enough to be called a river.

There are good farm folk tilling fields all about, as well as carts, wagons and riders moving about the roads that circle the town. You will reach the walls well within the hour...

Are there any special plans or precautions?
Olaf, in the front group, says, "Let's wait for the rest to join us, so we can talk over how we enter the town together."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:25 pm

(029) Return to Ket

eris wrote:
danhem wrote:Ulric looks at Ket as it appears in the distance and can scarcely believe his eyes.

"Who would think that that goblin-infested place would be such a welcome sight? We should be cautious. Let's find our friend's farm again and see if we can obtain another wagon to conceal our haul. We cannot simply walk through the city gates looking like this after all."

Ulric looks around the company.

"For those of you who have not been to Ket yet, be on your toes. The goblins hold a lot of authority here."
"So, are we going in as we all, bags of coin and all?" Olaf asks, "I think our tale of fighting Saxxon's band of thieves will go over well, but *not* our bout with those Snorks later on, so the less said about *that* the better."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:10 pm

(029) Return to Ket

ehiker133 wrote:
"Oi. You think people are going to be starin' at the bag of coin I got over my left shoulder when I got this noggin' on my right?"

Desmond obviously bears a large weight on his shoulders, worried about how people are going to react to Mondes the Dour.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:22 pm

(029) Return to Ket

eris wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:"Oi. You think people are going to be starin' at the bag of coin I got over my left shoulder when I got this noggin' on my right?"

Desmond obviously bears a large weight on his shoulders, worried about how people are going to react to Mondes the Dour.
"That's so." Olaf says, "Why don't you put a hood over Mondes' head? If anyone asks about it, say it's a hump. A hump isn't nearly as uncommon as an extra head. If he promises to stay quiet while in public, nobody would ever know."

"Say, I never asked, and you've never actually told me how you came to gain an extra head." says Olaf, "I'll bet that's some story."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:20 pm

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
"I ain't some potata ta be hidden in a sack!" declares Mondes gruffly. "Why don't you hide 'is ugly mug instead?" indicating Desmond's head with a surly gesture.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:37 pm

(029) Return to Ket

tonneau wrote:
"The alternative, my dear Mondes, is referred to in some circles as surgery" says Gustave, appearing suddently next to Desmond/Mondes and placing his blade delicately at the neck of the latter.

"...and we would not want to lose you - four eyes and two heads are much better that their half" he adds, grinning and sheathing his weapon.

"Perhaps we can flip a coin? But let us be swift, my bath awaits - as, I dare say, does a warm-blooded lass or two..."

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 pm

(029) Return to Ket

waysoftheearth wrote:
Ulric can recall for Highbough the library beneath the Traders' Concourse. It is a magnificent scholarly archive. Well, the best stocked library for many leagues around, in any case.

Return to “Hinterlands”