(028) Pillock's Farm

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:47 pm

(028) Pillock's Farm

waysoftheearth wrote:
It is almost dusk of a cool late-winter's day.

Olaf, Dieter and Gustave, weary and worn from their adventures, tramp down the hill upon which the company awaits toward a farmstead.

They have left the genuine wilderness behind them now, instead passing through freshly tilled fields. When they reach the bottom of the hill, they march past a second wide field with some kind of leafy vegetable crop just beginning to leaf.

And then they reach a proper path leading up a low hill to the farmhouse itself.

By this stage their approach has been noted, and a group of four Men stand afore the farmhouse, waiting for them. Several of them have hoes, and the biggest of them -- a chap of Dieter's dimensions -- has a sword on his belt...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:48 pm

(028) Pillock's Farm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Guntram your adventure starts... now.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:18 pm

(028) Pillock's Farm

tonneau wrote:
"Gentlemen!" hails Gustave, his grin shinning from beneath layers of mud, blood and small cloying bits of enemies. He waves casually as if to old friends as the small posse approaches the 'farmers'.
"What news of Ket?" he enquires, pushing locks of soiled hair back from his eyes.
"You must excuse our appearance, but we have just come from a pilgrimage to the hills and were attacked by bandits. Our provisions are emptied and our bellies to boot. We would be most grateful to break bread with you in exchange for a little hard earned booty, especially if perchance a dram of some warming spirit could be found."
"I am Gustave Tonneau, and these are my companions Dieter, ogre slayer, and Olaf sharp-eyes" he finishes, proffering a hand and a mustache brimmed grin.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:29 pm

(028) Pillock's Farm

coffee wrote:
Dieter keeps a wary eye on them, especially the one his own size, while his comrade speaks.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:32 pm

(028) Pillock's Farm

waysoftheearth wrote:
"Ehw ehhye?" replies the older fellow skeptically. Gustave surmises by his shapeless, knee-length breeches, coarse grey shirt and weather beaten hat that the old geezer must be a bumpkin of the highest order.

Whatever, he doesn't seem overly impressionable.

The old farmer eyes each of you up and down and scratches the white bristles on his chin, before slowly taking Gustave's hand in his strong, raspy grip and allowing Gustave to shake it.

"Pilgrims, ye say, does ye?" he inquires, "Ye don't look like any kinda pilgrims I eva saw..."

"Look loik more o' Saxxon's scum, if ya arsk me," says one of the younger blokes, a hard muscled lad leaning casually on a long-hafted hoe.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:58 am

(028) Pillock's Farm

tonneau wrote:
"Ah! Those interlopers" says Gustave, waving his hand dismissively. "We tangled with a number of them a few days back and lived to tell the tale as you can see. Indeed, our man here", he gestures respectfully toward Dieter, "slew a number of them in fact, including Saxxon's captain, though the rogue himself escaped us."

"If they have given you bother in the past I'll warrant they will be licking their wounds deep in the hills for some time henceforth."

"Come!" he says, putting his arm around the elder gent, thankful for once that he is already so well soiled that even a flea-ridden peasant could not dirty him any more, "Let us find a drink! We toast Saxxon's loss and our gain."

"You that have suffered at Saxxon's hand deserve a share of his ill-gotten loot, I say", he adds, jingling some loose coins in his purse, "A few bites to eat in exchange sounds fair, no?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:32 am

(028) Pillock's Farm

rleduc wrote:
The burly man with the sword stirs warily, and speaks. (green)"Ogre-Slayer is a bold name for a pilgrim, and the death of captains and such is not part of any religious rite I care to know, assuming it's not just talk. Yet to my eye, you bear the hard-earned marks of fortune-seekers. If this be true, then I would hear of your travels, as I am bound to seek my way in this world along a similar path. By your deeds, we may know you better as men of valor."(/green)

He extends his hand to Dieter, saying, (green)"I am called Guntrum, sometimes The Thick."(/green)

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:39 am

(028) Pillock's Farm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Dieter notes that this "Guntram"'s forearm is indeed as "Thick" as a tree trunk.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:50 am

(028) Pillock's Farm

waysoftheearth wrote:
"Loot did ye say?" asks the fit young bloke, and eyebrows all around are raised, "What kind o' loot are ye talking?"

"Yesss indeed, this here a tale of your whipping Saxxon's lot needs a tellin', I'll say," says the old geezer. "An' if thar's a grain o' truth to it, there'll be drinking ta be done an' that's fer sure."

There is a general ruckus of agreement from the farm folk at this.

"Well, I'm Pa Pillock," the old geezer admits with a toothless grin, "An' these here are me boys, Kaspa, Knox, an' Jerome," he indicates the three farm lads, "'an me recent guest here is Guntram. The Thick, 'ee says."

"Tha girls is inside, an' they'll be wantin' ta 'ear this, I'll warrant, so let's get indoors 'ey?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:17 pm

(028) Pillock's Farm

tonneau wrote:
"Gentlemen" says Gustave, bowing toward the farming family, "...and, Mr...Thick", he adds, nodding to the burly sword-bearer.
"A timely pleasure to be sure"

"Now," he continues, wrapping an arm around Pa Pillock's shoulder and following him inside, "you mentioned...girls."

Return to “Hinterlands”