(073) Wind and Sand

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by coffee » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:56 pm

Re: (073) Wind and Sand

Once Dieter's wounds are tended to he'll go outside and stand watch.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by Eris » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:36 pm

Dieter will be joining Olaf, then, because he never went into the cramped space below decks.

"NOTHING MUCH HAPPENING OUT HERE!" Oalf shouts from his position squatting beside the ruined boat out of the wind and sunlight.

"I'M SORRY I WRECKED THIS THING," he nods toward the skiff. "I THOUGHT I HAD IT FIGURED OUT, BUT LANDING PROVED HARDER THAN I THOUGHT." Olaf adds then asks, "SO WHAT'S GOING ON IN THERE?"
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by flightcommander » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:31 am

Armando lurks around the ovoid, inspecting pipes and casting about for any portals, trapdoors or oddments.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by coffee » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:07 pm

"THEY'RE PLANNING, IN THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN DO SO WITHOUT SHOUTING," Dieter bellows over the wind. "I FELT ITCHY IN SUCH AN ENCLOSED SPACE, AND CAME OUT HERE TO KEEP AN EYE OUT."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by Condorcet » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Helmut continues to tend to Josiane's wounds, using far more care that he ever would with his own - he was afterall tending to The Saint herself! Not some fetid gutter-wench.

"My Lady I fear I am unworthy," he says, not taking his eyes from the wound, "It is my duty before Thuul to defend you, but...I ...could not predict a spear of sand....and a daemon of wind!"

"Were it that I had paid more attention to my studies..."

Post by doctorx » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:43 pm

"You have defended me valiantly, Sir Helmut, against a most formidable opponent," Josiane replies with a gentle smile; "You have nothing to chide yourself for. Indeed, I count myself honoured to have so gallant a champion. Thank you."

She dabs the blood from her cut and swollen lip and manages to flash the Templar her pretty smile regardless. :)

Post by Condorcet » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:58 am

"My thanks for your kind words, My Lady," says Helmut solemnly, "though I am but a humble servant of Thuul."

"That should see you well," he says, tying off the last makeshift bandage and sitting back on his haunches in the cramped space.

"I do not know which I dread more should you come to harm.", he says after a moments thought, "I do not doubt the wrath of Thuul will be fearsome indeed, but whether greater than the wrath of my own mind...or that of the dwarf..." he adds with a rare smirk, "...I know not.".

Post by sully » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Condorcet wrote:"I do not doubt the wrath of Thuul will be fearsome indeed, but whether greater than the wrath of my own mind...or that of the dwarf..." he adds with a rare smirk, "...I know not.".
The dwarf. Definitely the dwarf.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:29 am

All this occurs.

Ulric pores over The Speculum for a goodly time, completely engrossed in the moving colours within the stone. Meanwhile, the wind continues to thrash at the skiff hull unabated...

Armando considers the knot of dull pipes and valves which seem to cluster toward the front of the ship, from where the crew would presumably have some control over the vessel. It seems plausible that the skiff's-controls on deck would somehow affect the spires within the lead-balloon, and hence goad the elemental to drive the ship in the desired direction. A work of pure devilry, to be sure.

At last Ulric speaks. "If this device is to be trusted, it appears Gustave is captive in a fortress other than that which looms closest! I believe it the second-next to the right of the nearest fortification, and I have chanced to glimpse many empty passages and chambers. Judging by what I have seen, the fortress is not heavily occupied!"
Dieter and Josiane benefit from some respite and attention to their hurts; 1d6 Dieter=2, Josiane=2.

Dieter (F5) hp 22 12 14
Josiane (C5) hp 16 12 7 9

What next?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by heartless » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:30 pm

"Well, we need to not waste time here if time passes so quickly back home, and we need to find more water before what we have runs out. I am ready to follow your lead on-wards to find Gustave", says Ashtad. Ashtad then goes outside the ship to keep a look out and search around for anything of interest and especially arrows to replace her used ones, first looking for her shoot arrows. Ashtad will look in the rooms of the ship next looking out for treasure, water, food and weapons and any mirrors.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Return to “Hinterlands”