(027) Some Country Air

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:29 pm

(027) Some Country Air

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond sighs, "I should probably get used to this, shouldn't I?"

He starts looking to see if there are any haystacks nearby that he might bed in for the night.

"Can someone at least bring out some food?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:13 pm

(027) Some Country Air

danhem wrote:
Ulric looks down at himself.

"As long as I keep my sorcery to myself I should be able to pass as 'normal'," he says. "I am merely a scholar after all. Highbough, perhaps you could wrap some cloth around your head to disguise your features? As for you Desmond...I'll bring you some food. Give us a hand with these sacks, will you Olaf?"

Ulric
continues his slow walk toward the farm.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:21 pm

(027) Some Country Air

eris wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:Desmond sighs, "I should probably get used to this, shouldn't I?"

He starts looking to see if there are any haystacks nearby that he might bed in for the night.

"Can someone at least bring out some food?"
"Come on down, Des...and Mond...anyway." Olaf says, "You might have a weird appearance, but *you* aren't a monster and you shouldn't be treated like one."

"You're one of us, so if they accept any of us they should accept you." Olaf says firmly, "If the folk at this farm can't abide you, then we'll think of something to do, but you are one of us regardless of their opinions."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:51 pm

(027) Some Country Air

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough sighs and draws the hood of his dark cloak, completely obscuring his features. "Very well, I am a monk who has taken a vow of silence to the God of Knowledge, and Ulric you shall be my scribe."

He turns to Desmond: "Fear not, for when we return to town, you can earn some coin as a sideshow attraction. For now, have a smoke, and we will bring you some food." He hands over Wulfric's pipe and tobacco so that Desmond can pass the time until his supper.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:36 pm

(027) Some Country Air

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond smiles at Olaf's statement, "I thank you, friend, but... I don't want to cause any trouble with this extra noggin here. As long as I can get some food and a warm place to sleep, I'll be fine."

Desmond initially smirks at Highbough's jest of earning extra cash, but smiles after a second of thought, "You might be right, Highbough. I'd hate to see my adventuring career end so soon, though! I'd rather earn coin through hard work and not laughter."

He happily accepts the proffered tobacco pouch and pipe and immediately wonders if Mondes can exhale his pipe smoke. That's something they'll have to try when they get a chance.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:31 pm

(027) Some Country Air

waysoftheearth wrote:
Right then.

(Everybody over to thread 028 please).

Return to “Hinterlands”