(025) Return to the Ogres' Dungeon

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm

coffee wrote:
Dieter will hold the rope (it is his rope, after all) and tie it to Wibert and lower him into the trap.

He'll also stick his dagger in the opening, so it can't close all the way.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:08 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:"We'll go down first, if you're looking for volunteers to give it a try...", Desmond offers.
"You must be joking!" declares Mondes, "We don't know whether its poisoned spikes, spinning blades, boiling lava or who-knows-what deadly end down there!"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:09 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Wibert passes his torch to Desmond, and then allows Dieter to belay him down the hatch...

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:19 am

ehiker133 wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:"We'll go down first, if you're looking for volunteers to give it a try...", Desmond offers.
"You must be joking!" declares Mondes, "We don't know whether its poisoned spikes, spinning blades, boiling lava or who-knows-what deadly end down there!"
"Oi," retorts his better half, "You were the one who wanted to get out of here so badly. Ya don't hear ol' Gustave screaming, do ya?"

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:28 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
"That's what io'm worried about, ya daft clod!" snorts Mondes.

Desmond's left arm cuffs him over the back of his right head.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:04 am

danhem wrote:
While the others deal with the trap door, Ulric stands watch keeping a careful eye on the many open passageways as well as the dry well.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:16 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very good.

Dieter plants himself firmly at the lip of the chute, with the rope braced about the back of his waist... but in truth these Halflings weigh very little, and it is no sweat for the big fighting-Man to gradually lower Wibert down.

From Wibert's perspective it is a very different matter. He finds himself in a very steep chute which is maybe 8ft wide and 8ft high. The "floor" slopes downward at 45 degrees or more, and without the rope he would certainly be sliding helplessly down at great speed.

After some struggling (for dignity since there is no footing to speak of) Wibert spies a light from below, and at last is lower low enough to poke his head through the gap in a ceiling...

(Heartless, please goto thread 24)

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:49 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:"That's what io'm worried about, ya daft clod!" snorts Mondes.

Desmond's left arm cuffs him over the back of his right head.
OOC: Wait... I'm the right head? I thought I was the left head... that's cool. Maybe I can start calling him Sinister, then?

IC: "Knock it off, noggin," Desmond hisses as he rubs the back of his head.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:52 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:OOC: Wait... I'm the right head? I thought I was the left head... that's cool. Maybe I can start calling him Sinister, then?
Quite right... Desmond is on the left shoulder, Mondes is on the right shoulder. I got mixed up, but my comment still stands. A number of alternating head cuffs are exchanged ;D

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:44 am

ehiker133 wrote:
OOC: I'll accept that. [img]images/smiley/grin.png[/img]

Return to “Hinterlands”