(025) Return to the Ogres' Dungeon

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:38 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond casts a weary eye back in the direction of the room with the plant... then casts the same weary eye at Mondes and quietly says, "I like Ulric's plan, myself..."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:49 am

tonneau wrote:
"I myself am headed for the nearest bath", proclaims Gustave helpfully, a dribble of water (not wine) passing around his well-shaped chin.

"That, I believe, is down", he finishes, pointing rather over-dramatically at the dusty floor.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:18 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very well.

It appears that Ulric's plan to test the right passage has at least one other vote, which makes it a majority.

Mondes complains of course, snorting and laughing, "You call this a plan? Ha! Cobbled together is what I call it!" Despite his derision, the two-headed Halfling seems follows when the others begin to move out...

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:26 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Now Dieter leads on, with Ulric close behind, then Gustave with his lantern and the rest of the bedraggled company following after. Mondes complains and finds fault at almost every step...

The passage leads on, more or less straight ahead, for quite a ways now... perhaps over two hundred paces for the long legged, and more for the shorter folk. Ulric has a suspicion now that the passage has been curving slightly to his right for a good while now, but never do they encounter any corner.

At length, when it seems that the passage way should never end, Dieter sees an arch ahead. 60ft ahead now, the passage passes under the open arch and into some new chamber...

"Have we reached the Earth's core yet?" complains Mondes. "Move yer behind, I can't see!"

What next, bold adventurers?

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:08 pm

mushgnome wrote:
"Another mysterious chamber..." murmurs Highbough, craning his neck to see past those in front of him.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:34 pm

tombowings wrote:
Pelenwin stands with his pole axe at the ready, presumably unable to see at the rear of the company.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:36 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
The entrance way to this new place is just at the limit of Gustave's lantern light. Nobody can see what is inside yet, although it is apparent that there is no door... just a door arch.

Dieter is up front. Ulric behind him.

What next?

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:46 am

coffee wrote:
"I'll check it out," Dieter says.

He takes two steps forward, then remembers what happened last time he did that.

"And if it all explodes, just leave me there and run for it," he mutters over his shoulder.

Then he continues on.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:05 am

tonneau wrote:
"If it all explodes then I most certainly want to be there to watch", says Gustave, following Dieter to light his way (or to see him explode).

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:26 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Dieter approaches the new room with Gustave in tow, while the others linger a moment where they are, waiting for a sign. Such as the room exploding.

No such thing happens, however.

Dieter peers into a spacious chamber of curious dimensions -- it is all naves and corners, and too large to be fully illuminated from Gustave's present position.

The central part of the chamber is dominated by a circular structure which appears to be a well.

Barely visible in the shadows opposite, Dieter makes out the some strange figurines carved into the stone above other doorways, and all along the walls. They given the impression of discontent.

Dieter is in the passage way looking in.

What now?

Return to “Hinterlands”