(025) Return to the Ogres' Dungeon

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:37 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
After a short while, Dieter feels three tugs on the rope, and hauls Wibert back up the chute.

The excited little fellow reveals that Olaf, Victor, and Gustave are all safe in a passage way below.

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:03 am

tombowings wrote:
"I guess I was wrong to turn back prematurely," ponders Pelenwin. "I guess we're luck Wibert happened to drop in on them."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:00 am

coffee wrote:
"Is this passage big enough for us to haul them up?" Dieter asks.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:21 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond thinks for a moment and then says, "Except that we don't really know where we are... Wibert, do they know where THEY are, then? Maybe we should all be going down instead of up."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:40 pm

heartless wrote:
"We are lost up here and soon to be without light and food. While Olaf and Victor have found a door out of this place with a store with food and torches. I vote we join them, its our best chance to survive and get back to Kent", insists Wibert. "What are we waiting for? Lets gather our stuff and get down this chute!"

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:35 pm

coffee wrote:
"Okay," Dieter says. "I'll lower you guys down, then slide down myself. Just leave me one torch or candle."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:47 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very good.

Dieter handles the anchor end of the rope as the rest of the company, one by one belay down the chute. It is difficult work in very dim conditions, what with the full load of treasure everyone is carrying.

Wibert is the first one back down the chute, followed by Ulric, Highbough...

(1d6)

As Highbough descends, Desmond wedges the haft of Wibert's torch between two stones of the well wall so that continues to illuminate the room and then he takes his own turn on the ropeDesmond, followed finally by Pelenwin.

Once they are all down, Dieter coils up the rope and lowers himself into the chute as gingerly as he can with all the gear his is carrying...

(Everyone please go to thread 24...)

Return to “Hinterlands”