(072) Masters of the Ring

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by Condorcet » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:07 am

Re: (072) Masters of the Ring

Helmut returns his greatsword to its sheath seeing his new comrades, "What sorcery is this?", he asks, eyeing the ring and still somewhat suspicious of suddenly appearing elves, "You managed to discover what this...thing does I presume?"

Post by mushgnome » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:14 pm

"Armando, we must keep in mind our enemy is a master of illusion. So I cannot say if what I saw was reality or a false veil. Nevertheless what my eyes beheld was frightening indeed: a harsh and blasted landscape, dominated by a vast fortress, capable of housing many thousands of soldiers!"

Highbough continues, "As for Gustave, we are going to need a LOT more firepower if we want to rescue him from that fortress. My plan was that we'd memorize as much scrying magic as we can, then cross over and search for him. We might get better results scrying from the other side. I have a spell that will enable me to scan the enemy's thoughts."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:02 am

A thin layer of red dust settles as greetings are exchanged and hasty council made. The lone gust of hot desert air, meanwhile, is subsumed into the cooler air of the Basal and passes from all knowledge...
All this transpires.

What course do you propose be embarked upon next?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Highbough will rest and memorize the spell list I posted in the hidden thread.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Condorcet » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:13 am

"Mirrors..." ponders Helmut, as the old elf keeps babbling on about the missing one with the odd title of 'The Gustave'.

"I have no mirror, elf," he says to Highbough, "and the former hosts of this place are not wont to waste time with vanity, but perhaps we can find something suitable."

He racks his brains for recent discoveries in the shambles that is now the abbey that may serve as a mirror as he heads back toward the dormitories.

Post by flightcommander » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:34 am

Armando rubs his chin in thought. "I don't recall any spare mirrors, but perhaps there are a few to be found. If we are enterprising we might even melt down some of our newfound silver coins and, using shards of glass from the Chapel, fashion numerous small mirrors suitable for use as Ring conduits. What are your thoughts on this matter? In any case, we should perhaps retreat to the comfort of the dormitories where you two may rest ... I'm sure the others here will be glad to see you returned."
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:59 am

Back to the dormitories? Is anyone staying behind?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by mgtremaine » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:06 pm

Wen taps a knuckle to his chin "There was a lot of junk down in the grell lair, perhaps we can find some brass platters that will polish up.". Wen follows the others back to the Dorm. Trying remember all the things he has seen in the Abbey that might be used as a mirror...
Not Wen, he will also memorize the spells posted before
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by flightcommander » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:35 am

"I propose we revisit the laboratory first, suitably armed of course, but we think along similar lines. Now — to a place of rest!"
Exeunt?
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:01 am

The whole group (being Armando, Helmut, Wen, and Highbough) now retrace their steps, departing the Ring Room and returning to the dormitories via the same route, where upon they will--presumably--be able to share these recent revelations with Ulric and Josiane.

Beyond that Wen and Highbough both find themselves to be parched from their recent excursion, and seeking solace that they might thereafter cogitate over their respective tomes of spells and bindings.

Armando and Helmut apparently have the matter of mirrored-surfaces to discuss...
Please return now to thread 69, and may the first to post announce the arrival of whole group to Josiane and the handful of pilgrims that are coming and going...

Return to “Hinterlands”