(070) Dnulnefluv


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 600

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:55 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

"Come on!" Dieter roars, leaping off the skiff after the wolf men.
Once he's on the ground he'll close with the enemy as quickly as possible.

Note: He's not using his ring for this leap. Let's see how his newfound strength serves him in this odd environment.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Posts: 502

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:45 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Olaf, instead of leaping off the skiff runs to the tiller and attempts to control the ship. He wants to get it leveled off and turn it back toward the spot where Dieter jumped...and will attempt to land it there.
If Olaf cannot control the skiff quickly, then he will jump for it, but he wants to give it a try first.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 134

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Location: OH

Post Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:18 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Torben

Torben readies his silvered spear and plunges it into the closest dogman.
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:12 am

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

In the dunes, the four dogmen immediately make rabid bounds in four different compass directions; the hot wind blasting the scattering sands across the broad dunes like tiny knives. Dieter makes a giant running leap off the back end of the ailing skiff toward them, while Torben pounces from amid them and drives his spear into the back of the slowest. But his footing in the dunes is unfamiliar and it is not a mortal blow, and Dieter catches an ill gush of desert air that causes him to land some moments after with sandy impact. Before our pair know it the dogmen are getting away from them into the scorching sands.

Meanwhile, aboard the imperiled skiff, Olaf races to forequarters and reaches the abandoned helm as the skiff thuds MIGHTILY across the peak of a dune, tearing off unknowable parts of the undercarriage and almost throwing him overboard! Then, with a tremendous effort, he pulls himself upright and he cranks a ponderous hand-gear; and Thuul's Fortune! It causes the skiff to seek new altitude, and--at the pace of a galloping racehorse--to just barely clear the next dune safely. A crash has been averted! Now he has time to notice the skiff is heading directly across the plain toward the distant but looming Alcazar...
In the dunes, initiative is diced to see whether the dogmen will flee quickly enough: 1d6 Dogmen=5, Torben=5+1, Dieter=1. Torben gets his full three melee attacks but against a single opponent, but Dieter arrives too late and misses out.

Torben's attacks 3d20=20,8,10 @+2 (would hit ACs 2, 9, and 7) is one hit; 2d6=2, a non-fatal blow.

On the skiff, the ref dices to see if Olaf can steer the skiff free. Had he been a sailor, the ref rules, he'd have 4 chances in 6 of doing so. As he is not, he get only 2 chances in 6. 1d6=6! (ref cheers the blue die).

The dogmen are fleeing to the four compass points in rabid bounds away from Torben and Dieter. Torben could still pursue his nearest quarry.

Olaf is aboard the skiff heading toward the distant Alcazar at a racehorse gallop...

What are you instructions for the next turn?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 502

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:50 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Olaf turns the tiller and tries to change the direction of the sfiff back toward Dieter and Torban...and away from the fortress....and slow it down!
I'll give it one more turn and if Olaf can't get control of the boat he's going to jump for it.
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 600

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:06 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

If the dog-men are out of reach, Dieter will start off toward Torben. Maybe he could use some help.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 134

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Location: OH

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:23 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Torben

Torben will leap after the escaping dogmen and launch another attack at the nearest one, with the hopes of bringing him.
User avatar

Posts: 16340

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:57 am

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Torben and Dieter merge into a pursuit of the wounded dogman, but after a number of great bounds through the wind-lashed dunes they find they are not gaining any ground; the cunning desert-dweller uses steep dive-rolls to tumble down the dune faces followed by series of quick, efficient leaps. They soon realise they are not going to catch him; the pursuit looks to be over.

Meanwhile, aboard the skiff, Olaf now grapples the helm in an attempt to bring the craft around; he rolls the many-handled wheel as quick as he can to his left and sees that the rigging and sails respond, changing the face they offer to the snapping wind. The craft keels in turn, rocking into the wind and making for a broad circle. As soon as it tacks out from running 'fore the fierce wind it drops a great deal of speed, and soon enough Olaf has the deck more or less steady and the ship running at a slowing canter as it comes around!
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 600

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:04 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Seeing the craft right itself, Dieter gives up foot pursuit of the dog-men and waves to attract Olaf's attention.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 134

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Location: OH

Post Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:39 pm

Re: (070) Dnulnefluv

Torben

Torben gives himself a moments rest and glares at the direction of the dogmen. He looks up to see Olaf piloting the ship. 'At least we didn't come away empty handed.'
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software