(069) Pilgrims & Practicalities

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by Fatal T » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:36 am

Re: (069) Pilgrims & Practicalities

Morgan will take whatever Dorgan is willing to give - he did all the killing after all! :D

Post by sully » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:40 pm

Dorgan will walk back to the site of the battle and pat Morgan on the shoulder.

You did well. Keeping yer cool in a fight is the hardest thing ta learn. You can keep them coins. Now, didja find any food on these scrubs? If not, we're in bigger trouble. If'n their home is close by, or their camp, then this is the first visit of many. Don't worry about Dhren for now. We'll have the pilgrims bury him at first light.

He covers Dhren's body with his cloak for now.

Go tell anyone who woke up that they're safe. Then get back out here and help me carry these gobbo corpses outside. They're gonna start stinkin' right away.

Dorgan will make a pile of corpses in the courtyard wherever it looks safe to light a bonfire tomorrow.

Dorgan will take all of Dhren's possessions tomorrow morning. The simple stuff, like the backpack and bedroll, he'll use for himself. The sword, money, book, and music box, he'll return to the elves when he reaches Southwatch.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Fatal T » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:45 am

"No, no food," replies Morgan as he gratefully pockets the silver found on the goblins. "Unless you fancy mice, that is."

He then hurries off to inform the pilgrims that all is clear and then help Dorgan collect up the goblin bodies.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:49 am

All this happens.

The pilgrims have been hiding, petrified by the sounds of fighting, and are immensely relieved when Dorgan and Morgan return to the rooms. Nobody mentions master Hiridhren.

The corpses are dragged out into the courtyard, the pilgrims settled, and then remainder of the night passes without further incident, but neither Dorgan nor Morgan get much more sleep. At last the grey dawn comes, and it's time to break fast and get about the day's business...
What are your orders for your next turn?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by sully » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:02 pm

After everyone eats breakfast, Dorgan will address the pilgrims (and Morgan).

As many of ya know, I've got poison in my veins and will die soon if'n I don't get help. That's why Morgan and I are leaving today ta visit the Elves in Southwatch. As ya might have guessed, that leaves ya with no protection against any other goblins showing up while we're gone. We should only be gone a couple a days but it's anyone's guess what else will show up while we're gone.

So I'm giving ya a choice. Stay here, lock this place up tight, and hold on until we get back, or come with us. Either way, ya gotta decide soon. Morgan and I are burying Dhren and then we're leaving. If'n you're coming with us, gather up your things now and get ready.

Understand that if you come, we're moving fast and not stopping for anyone. I will be dead in two days unless I find the elves, so don't come if you're gonna slow me down. Morgan and I will do our best ta protect ya out there, but we can't stop.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by sully » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:03 pm

Dorgan will wait a bit to answer any questions, then he'll find a shovel and a place to bury Dhren in the courtyard and start digging.

Post by Fatal T » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:14 pm

Morgan will aid with the burial.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Dorgan and Morgan rise early and set the pyre of goblin corpses a-burning before the pilgrims get too long a look at them, but there's no hiding the fact that Dhrehn has died. The abbey courtyard is a grim place for a burial, all razed and nothing growing, but it's as good as can be had, and at least the wolves won't get to his body. The grave is dug, and the elf interned, and even a few quiet prayers are uttered by the pilgrims.

After Dorgan's speech there is a flurry of activity. Not a single soul wants to be left behind, and they fly into action, gathering food and water and packing their meager belongings in a great hurry. Before the hour is waning they are ready to travel.

"Lest not forget," Says the elder woman among them (who can't yet be forty) "We have marched all the way from Maine, and now we are rested here three days. We know how to put one foot before the other, Master Dwarf. We'll not slow you one pace!"
The ref makes a reaction check to see how they'll respond to Dorgan's offer; 2d6=12! The pilgrims are all affirmative action!

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by sully » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Dorgan will speak quietly to Morgan, away from the ears of the pilgrims.

We're in a bit of a pickle without Dhren. He was ta be our guide ta Southwatch. As it is, I know the way but my last trip was on the back of a giant bird so might be a little diff'rent this trip. I figger we make for the woods and let one a' their patrols find us. Just keep the faith, so ta speak, with the pilgrims and we'll be fine.

Dorgan will waste no more time. He sets off with himself in the lead and Morgan at the rear (unless he has a better idea of placement). He'll do his best to recall the direction of Southwatch, or at least the forest, from his memory of flying from there to here.

Post by Fatal T » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:54 pm

Morgan will take the rear guard position behind the pilgrims. Every five minutes or so, he will turn about and walk backwards for a few paces, scanning the terrain behind the column for pursuers or anything that shouldn't be there.

Return to “Hinterlands”