(069) Pilgrims & Practicalities

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by sully » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:51 pm

Re: (069) Pilgrims & Practicalities

Dorgan smiles at the knight. In truth, were I free of any oaths taken, I'd follow ya ta Ket today. Alas, I have two reasons ta seek out the elves. One was ta cure my poison but the other was ta buy food fer my companions. Know this, once I've returned with the promised supplies, I'll tell all of my comrades 'bout your mission. I 'spect it won't take much convincing ta get them ta come ta Ket and assist you. We owe them snorks... plus I'd like ta see how the Mother Superior fares.

If, for whatever reason, you need a place ta regroup, find us at the abbey. You'll always have allies there.

The dwarf looks around to see where Morgan has gotten to. It's time for them to get moving themselves!
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:17 pm

"Victuals, eh?" asks the knight, "We are well stocked here, perhaps the quartermaster will trade ye some good to save your legs?"

Meanwhile, Dorgan is already pondering the implication of handing the pilgrims over to the column. For one thing, there'll be half as many mouths to feed back at the abbey...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by sully » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:58 am

Well... said Dorgan, as he scratched his beard, yer gonna think this is funny but... I need some mirrors, too. Actually, a lot of them. If'n ya got some mirrors ta sell, I could see doin' business with ya and leavin' the elves for another time.

He'd prefer not to have to explain why he needs mirrors but, should the knight press him on it...

I don't rightly know why we need mirrors. I was out at the ogre cavern looking for Valorn when all this was happening. But our mage, um, Ulric the Firestarter, was askin' for 'em so I gotta bring some back. Some spell he was casting ta help find the werewolves or some such...
Dorgan wants to hand the pilgrims back over to the column. As crazy as it sounds, he thinks they'd be safer with the Army than back at the Abbey being hunted by that doppelganger.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:19 pm

"Mirrors?" the knight scratches his stubbly chin skeptically, "I wouldn't know about that, Master Dwarf. You might ask the Quartermaster, but I am doubtful."
The pilgrims have already joined the rabble of camp followers. Dorgan would likely have a hard time identifying and extracting them now...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by sully » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:59 pm

Dorgan moves to shake the Knight's hand. Looks like you're gettin' movin'. I best find this quartermaster afore yer gone entirely. You have my thanks for the cure. And my promise that once I've helped my friends, I'll seek you out and help free Ket.

The dwarf gathers up Morgan (assuming he's still around) and looks for the quartermaster.

Return to “Hinterlands”