(066) Vulfenlund


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 586

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:21 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

"Before you all go haring off in your pursuits," Dieter says, "remember: Nobody goes anywhere alone. That doppelganger is still out there somewhere.

"And if you run into trouble, yell good and loud so we can hear you."

And he'll stay to guard the Ring crew.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp ½/5) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1138

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

ehiker133 wrote:Desmond says, "I need to show Armando something and we need to secure the front door; last I saw it, it was unbarred. Do you want to meet up with us in the kitchen or the dormitories, Dorgan?"

Dorgan replies, Kitchen first. Work is easiest done on a full stomach so let's clean that up ta start. And heed Dieter's warning. Never go alone.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 330

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:39 am

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:03 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

"Desmond, lead the way!" Armando readies his silvered dagger and prepares to head back to the front entrance.
[f=4]Morin the Fighter/Medium (MV 12", AC 7, HD 2-2, hp 8/8, FC Man+1, N) scimitar+lantern[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1591

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:15 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Desmond, still holding the torch he borrowed from Dhren, leads Armando back to the main entrance so they can collect the thin wire and brass pulleys from the crossbow traps there.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2-2, hp 2/6, FC Man+1, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 144

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:51 am

Location: near Sacramento, California

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

"Now, I think those two will manage excellently," says Dhren, of Armando and Desmond, as they move off to handle their chores. The elf moseys over towards Dorgan, awaiting the possibility of his movement over towards the camp-followers and to help in the kitchens and rest area.

"Dorgan, or Highbough or Josiane or anyone, do you not recommend a child of the Fay such as myself to accompany you? Would Elves be too disconcerting to the pilgrims? I can stay with those studying the stone ring to assist with research or defense as needed. But if the pilgrims won't be too bothered, I'd surely like to help with the sundry work and to ensure the safety of those beleaguered people. I shall leave this decision to those more wise in the ways of folk; My days have been spent in the solitude of the Wold with my master, and I fear I lack a bit in wisdom regarding the nuances of the other races due to this. But I am eager to help out."

Dhren's plan is still to follow Dorgan to the pilgrims and help work and guard them. This he will do unless advised otherwise.

| This post is mainly fluff; I've basically posted the same thing previously without much of the 'rp' style banter... Dhren still wants to help in the abbey. Mainly posting to help move things along and to show I'm still here/participating |
User avatar

Posts: 1138

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:55 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Merctime wrote:"Dorgan, or Highbough or Josiane or anyone, do you not recommend a child of the Fay such as myself to accompany you? Would Elves be too disconcerting to the pilgrims? I can stay with those studying the stone ring to assist with research or defense as needed. But if the pilgrims won't be too bothered, I'd surely like to help with the sundry work and to ensure the safety of those beleaguered people. I shall leave this decision to those more wise in the ways of folk; My days have been spent in the solitude of the Wold with my master, and I fear I lack a bit in wisdom regarding the nuances of the other races due to this. But I am eager to help out."

Dorgan says, We'll take you. We have lots of pilgrims to herd inta some sorta routine. Best to have a lot of eyes on 'em so we don't lose any to predators.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 144

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:51 am

Location: near Sacramento, California

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

sully wrote:Dorgan says, We'll take you. We have lots of pilgrims to herd inta some sorta routine. Best to have a lot of eyes on 'em so we don't lose any to predators.


"Well said, I'm persuaded. I'm with you, fellow." Dhren moves out with Dorgan and crew when they are ready.

Posts: 487

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 pm

Location: Pace, FL

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Olaf grunts, "I don't want to baby sit a bunch of pilgrims. I guess I'll stay here with the folks studying the ring."
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 2/7, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16247

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:40 am

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

| Okay people, the way I now understand it:

1) Desmond, Armando, and Ashtad are going to secure the front door and gather up crossbows and wire; over to thread 68 please.

2) Josiane, Helmut, Dorgan, and Hiridrhen are going across the courtyard to the kitchen/refectory/dormitory area where they will join Ulric, Beringar, Valorn and the pilgrims in establishing the base; over to thread 69 please.

3) Wen, Dieter, Olaf, Torben and Highbough are remaining in the Ring Room. I will presume that Highbough borrows Hiridrhen's hand-mirror (since Josiane is leaving the ring room); stay in this thread please. |


Desmond/Mondes, Armando, and Ashtad depart the ring room on their reconnaissance mission.

Josiane, Helmut, Dorgan, and Hiridren follow immediately after, heading back toward the kitchens.

As the main part of the company marches off only Dieter, Wen, Highbough, Olaf, and Torben remain in the Ring Room... without a light between them. Quick, who has a torch?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 586

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:03 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

"Oi!" Dieter roars (OOC: Quite possibly calling for a wandering monster check). "Leave the light!"
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp ½/5) mail+shield[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software