(066) Vulfenlund


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16315

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:38 am

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

| You have previously located the dormitories with a score or more beds; and since located the laundry with enough linen to run a sizable nunnery. Getting the dorms prepared for a good night's sleep would surely be preferred over sleeping in a cold stone dungeon?

If correct precautions are established, some of you might possibly even manage a "proper rest" and level up... |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 111

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

"When it is time to sleep I can help with standing guard while the group gets a good night sleep", offers Ashtad.
In the mean time Ashtad will stay will the main group as they walk around this abbey, and help keep look out while the team work, keeping her bow ready for any sign of trouble.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3
User avatar

Posts: 594

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:48 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

"We're not sleeping here, with all these wolves staring at us," Dieter says. "Not even with me standing watch; nobody would get a wink."
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp ½/5) mail+shield[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1607

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:56 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Desmond thinks a moment.

"I found the abbey dormitories earlier; they are along the western wall, near where the golem with the burning eye crushed the wall. With a bit of work, we could secure one end with that thing Highbough does to lock doors, then scour the rooms for danger before blocking off the other end with stone. Then maybe we could get a proper rest. We could put the camp followers to work with getting the laundry clean and making up the beds; we'll give 'em a few coins to pay them for their work."

Desmond swoons at the thought of a proper night's rest...
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp ?/?, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1154

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Dorgan says, We're starting to lose focus. Let's split inta two groups. One group will be anyone who thinks they can figure out how ta make this portal work, and a couple fighters ta guard 'em. The other group will be everyone who wants ta start making this place livable.

Dorgan will make sure the portal group has a sufficient bodyguard contingent, and then he'll head back upstairs to get the pilgrims working on the dorms, the kitchen, and the laundry.
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+lantern, The Mellifluent Concord
User avatar

Posts: 1607

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:02 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Desmond agrees with Dorgan. He figures he might be better at motivating the crew to clean and do some laundry and leave the portal to the elves, so he follows Dorgan up out of the pit to the kitchen to address the needs of the abbey.

Plus, he's not afraid to get his own hands dirty with some cleaning, as well.
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp ?/?, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1468

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Location: San Diego, Ca

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Wen would approach the Portal again looking for any symbols he may have missed before. "We have a constellation map, does that donate the time or place. These are slow moving reference points across a year to our point of view, so it doesn't seem like they could be set targets. That is imagine another portal on the otherside how would they set to get here?" Wen speaking softly in Elven mostly to HIghbough and to himself as he walks through the concept in his mind.

ooc: Ways does the current setting correspond to the current moon phase?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow
Zem the Dwarf Veteran (MV 7", AC 3/5, HD 2+1, hp 3/6, FC 2 Men1, L) mail+sh+helm, waraxe[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 144

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:51 am

Location: near Sacramento, California

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:54 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Having heard the discussion, particularly that of Dorgan and Desmond, Dhren speaks up with "I'd like to offer my assistance at the abbey, getting things prepared for the coming and needful rest. Besides, I'd like to have a look in there and see if I might be able to find something previously missed. I can assist in protecting the camp followers as well."

The elf will begin to move in that direction, following Dorgan and Desmond as he does not know the way.

Posts: 117

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:42 am

Post Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

sully wrote:Dorgan says, We're starting to lose focus. Let's split inta two groups. One group will be anyone who thinks they can figure out how ta make this portal work, and a couple fighters ta guard 'em. The other group will be everyone who wants ta start making this place livable.

Dorgan will make sure the portal group has a sufficient bodyguard contingent, and then he'll head back upstairs to get the pilgrims working on the dorms, the kitchen, and the laundry.


"As you will", replies Helmut. "I will accompany you and see to the pilgrims, as I suppose I must."
User avatar

Posts: 1607

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:08 am

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

Desmond says, "I need to show Armando something and we need to secure the front door; last I saw it, it was unbarred. Do you want to meet up with us in the kitchen or the dormitories, Dorgan?"
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp ?/?, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software