(066) Vulfenlund

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by Condorcet » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:42 pm

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

sully wrote:Dorgan replies "So this place was built by elves, taken over by werewolves, and then unknowingly overbuilt by Sisters of Mercy? Crazy, mixed-up world we live in.

In other news, I'm gonna check out that spiral staircase back a ways. Who's with me?"
"I am with you dwarf", says Helmut, "I have read of doppelgangers, but know not how they fight, and this I would discover first hand."

Post by mushgnome » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:22 am

Condorcet wrote:
sully wrote:Dorgan replies "So this place was built by elves, taken over by werewolves, and then unknowingly overbuilt by Sisters of Mercy? Crazy, mixed-up world we live in.

In other news, I'm gonna check out that spiral staircase back a ways. Who's with me?"
"I am with you dwarf", says Helmut, "I have read of doppelgangers, but know not how they fight, and this I would discover first hand."
"Nizzib looked back at me with my own face, and spoke to me in my own language," remembers Highbough. "He stalked me with great stealth and agility, like a cat ready to pounce. The doppleganger cannot abide bright light, otherwise I would be a dead Elf. I'd better come with you to investigate."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:55 am

Wen would approach the Ring/Portal via the side and inspect the rungs. Do they seem to used to turn the inner ring as a method of setting the "portal". Does there seem to be any "keyhole" or "trigger hole" that would explain the stick/staff/sword that is shown in the bias relief.

"Curious isn't it. Inverted stars. I wonder who built this and why."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by coffee » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:04 pm

"This sort of thing is beyond me," Dieter says, gesturing at the stone circle. But if we have a chance of finding Gustave, I'd like to see it through.

"Although the staircase intrigues me as well.

"What if we leave this for now and investigate the staircase, and then all come back and have a look at this? Perhaps some time away from it will allow the back of your minds to work on its mysteries while we continue to explore?"
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by Merctime » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:17 pm

"Or it's possible that more answers or clues to the workings of this thing lay in other parts of this place, too." Speaks Dhren.

"If need be, I can carry a torch or light-source at this end of the column. It won't impede my ability to fight well." The elf offers. ((Is there a need for a torch or light up near the front ranks? I'm not sure who's carrying lights where :) ))

"But did you say 'find' someone? Have you fellows lost a companion?" Some genuine worry is clear in Dhren's voice when he says this.

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:20 pm

ooc: Yes we need light. Wen was carrying a torch but traditionally Ulric was the Lantern man. Feeling that spot would be awesome. The chamber is lit and the passage back has a few of my candles already set along the path.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:27 pm

Desmond currently holds a torch procured from Wen. He happily passes it to Dhren.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Merctime » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:44 pm

Dhren now holds the torch in his left (off) hand and moves with the group now, providing light as he may for the front ranks.

Post by Eris » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:50 pm

"Are you all ready to explore that spiral staircase?" Olaf asks, "Unless you can do something with this contraption, or there are hidden exits in the room, I think that is the next place we should go."

OOC: Olaf is fine continuing to be the rear guard, but there needs to be a torch or lantern holder near the back. Other than that, the proposed order of march is fine with him (and me).
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:07 pm

"I am confident that three Elves can figure out how to use this Portal," explains a confident Highbough. "The clue is these runes that are written in reverse, as though best viewed in reflection. Perhaps the figures in the mural are holding hand-mirrors? But beware: once we open this mystic portal, we should be prepared to move through in force, as a party, and we should be prepared for the possibility of a one-way voyage. Let's come back with a plan once we have secured the Abbey, left it to our Pilgrims, and we are ready to pass to the grim reaches beyond this Portal in search of The Gustave."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”