(066) Vulfenlund

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:36 am

Re: (066) Vulfenlund

"Stay your what who?" Desmond asks as he draws his sword and dagger. "Sent by Lady Gallaine, huh? Let's assume we don't just take your word on that..."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by coffee » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:01 pm

Dieter, likewise, does not immediately trust the stranger. He turns his sword in the new elf's direction.

(Does he get any inklings or anything from the sword now?)
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by sully » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:25 pm

Dorgan just scratches his beard.

"Has anyone talked about the Lady Gallaine since we got here? Doubt the doppel-thingy would know that tidbit."
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by Merctime » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:55 pm

"Fellows, I can understand your mistrust. I am come from the Ivory Wold to the watchtower of Haurelee (You may know it as "Southwatch") at the behest of my master to learn of this growing goblin menace that assails Ket and it's surrounds. Specifically, to see if there is a more powerful and sinister force behind it! When I arrived at Haurelee, the good Warden we spoke of gave me leave (knowing my Master) to come and seek out what he desired me too. I do hope my story validates my lawful presence here."

It is probably obvious that Dhren is not trying to appear menacing in any way by his body language, and his hands have still not gone anywhere near his sword.

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:03 pm

Wen would break off his studying of the Portal rings when he hears the newcomer. He would be startled to see another Elf outside of the Ivory Wold. He would listen to the conversation for a bit before chiming in. He would speak in Elven to Hiridhren. "Greetings brother of the wood. You say you were sent to gather intelligence. This is good and proper, but you must first endure a little questioning for we are in the middle of expunging a great Evil and our good Hobbit here has reported a shape changer is lose in the Abbey. " Wen proceed to ask him several question about people and places inside the Ivory Wold, things that only a native would know. (Handwave the specifics)

Once satisfied we would tell the others, "he is no Shapeshifter but indeed an Elf and willing to aid us. I welcome him"
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by ehiker133 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:21 pm

Desmond nods, "Alright, then. Wen vouches for you, so that's good enough for me." He sheathes his sword.

"But it isn't just an unfounded report, Wen," he adds, pointing the tip of his still drawn dagger at Wen in a I'm-just-pointing-not-being-menacing sort of way. "Highbough saw him, too! And even sussed out the creature's name, no less!"

He then sheathes his dagger, as well.

"So what's the plan here? Way I see it, I can either jump through that stone ring there or we can make sure we've checked out the rest of the abbey before we decide what to do here. Though I'm curious as to what might happen if I jump through the ring, I'm of the mind we should check out the real abbey basement before we try using the magical ring here."
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by Merctime » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:39 pm

This talk of magical rings has the new elf, Dhren, looking with some new wonder at the great stone edifice in the center of the room. He folds his arms and scratches his chin, before drawing a bit nearer it himself. He's sure not to stray too close to it, and to move slowly... But he does affix his stare at it's markings for a bit. Then, he scans the pictograms that line the walls.

((I've read what the markings look like. If I can assume that Dhren finds out what has already been posted, Dhren will say the following:))

"Hmm. Peculiar, those beast-things with the pointy items. Seems as if it might trigger yon portal item, that you all speak of. They appear not as swords, but as a solid item that does not wave. Could but a 10' pole do the trick to set off it's magicks? Is there some cavity on that great cylinder that could accomadate such an item?"

He blinks as he again looks at the cylinder, before asking in a curious tone. "Have you folks landed on a solid idea on how to set the symbols? I wonder if those constellations need to be placed in the proper order as the item faces us? I believe I heard someone just before I came in speak, and rightly so, that they are in fact backwards."

((just a bit of RP here on my part. I'm pretty sure I can't offer any more than has been said; This is just to flavor Dhren's entry here))

Post by Condorcet » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:51 pm

A muttered "hrrmmm...another elf," is all Helmut manages before going back to study of the pictograms on the walls. He compares the depicted creatures with his knowledge of beast-lore in the hope of gaining some advantage, be it now, or in the more distant future.

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:38 pm

Wen goes back to looking at the portal and the pictures on the wall. "What does that remind me of?" he would mumble.

ooc: Ways does the stick/sword look anything like any of the 3 staves we brought up out of the hidden trove (One is the key to the secret room, one is the magic staff of curing and the last was just a decrotive staff? Or anything else we have run across?
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:02 am

"This is not the doppleganger Nizzib!" scoffs Highbough. "Greetings, Hiridhren. I am Taurnorn, known to the men as Highbough."

To the group discussion, he casts his vote, "Yes, let us finish exploring the Abbey."
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”