(065) An Unlikely Rendezvous

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mgtremaine » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: (065) An Unlikely Rendezvous

Wen would look concerned.... "You say you brought commoners, pilgrims, and left them outside on the hill? This troubles me, although we killed many of the wolves that patrolled the area we can not be sure we got them all. We lost a companion out there before and he was an armed man. We must continue our search but I feel as if someone should secure those folks.."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:52 am

| Okay people, what do you want to do with this uneasy new alliance? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Condorcet » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:43 am

"Ket is overrun? This is fell news indeed," says Helmut

He plies his stubbled chin for a moment in thought, then casts his sharp eyes at the new arrivals. "It would seem then that our paths align - at least for now."

"I must bring in our missing brethren. We will then join you in ascertaining the status of the remainder of the abbey."

He turns to return they way they came, but pauses. "Perhaps, if there is a dopple-ganger around as your mutant says," he says, "one of your group should accompany me - you may also know a more expeditious route than I, and of any surprises best avoided. I have had enough already this day."

Post by ehiker133 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:58 am

Desmond's affable smile drops from his face as Mondes takes a turn spitting on the ground.

The most knowledgable guide to the abbey takes a seat on some rubble, digs through his pack, pulls out a whet stone, and begins refreshing the edge of his short sword.
[f=47]Dougal Blackfoot (MV 9", AC 6, Lvl 4, HP 10/10) [/f]
[f=59]Goldwen (Sagacious* Abbess, MV 9′′, AC 6, HD 2+1, HP 9, FC 2 men, SV C3, L][/f]

Post by doctorx » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:26 am

Condorcet wrote:"Ket is overrun? This is fell news indeed," says Helmut

He plies his stubbled chin for a moment in thought, then casts his sharp eyes at the new arrivals. "It would seem then that our paths align - at least for now."

"I must bring in our missing brethren. We will then join you in ascertaining the status of the remainder of the abbey."

He turns to return they way they came, but pauses. "Perhaps, if there is a dopple-ganger around as your mutant says," he says, "one of your group should accompany me - you may also know a more expeditious route than I, and of any surprises best avoided. I have had enough already this day."
"I shall accompany you, Lord Helmut," says Josiane, stepping forward to salute her fellow Templar and flashing her pretty smile; "Josiane the Guided, Knight in the service of Thuul and Saint Tamarae. My sword is at your service and that of your flock. Let us make all haste to bring them to safety."

Post by sully » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Dorgan will slowly scramble to his feet.

"I'll come with ya, Miss."
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by mushgnome » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:17 pm

"I for one wouldn't mind climbing the bell tower and taking a look around," volunteers Highbough.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by Eris » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:45 pm

mushgnome wrote:"I for one wouldn't mind climbing the bell tower and taking a look around," volunteers Highbough.
"Well, splitting up in here is a bad idea, which we should know by now." Olaf says with a slight frown, "I think we should stick together as much as possible, but we can't leave the pilgrims outside, it's still dangerous out there."

"Is there any more of the ground level that we haven't already cleared out?" Olaf asks then adds, "If there is perhaps the rest of us should deal with that while Jos and her group deal with getting the pilgrims inside and into as safe a place as we can put them. Then meet back here?"
[f=4]Manfreid the Fighter (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 1+2, hp 10/10, FC Man+1, N) silver mail+helm, sword+shield[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:12 pm

| Okay so we have Josiane, Dorgan, and Helmut preparing to return to the front door to assist the pilgrims.

Highbough has volunteered to scale the bell tower for a broader look around.

If no other actions are shortly forthcoming I will assume the remainder of the company will wait for them to return to the chapel... |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Wen would nod to Josiane and Dorgan. "Be wary and be safe. I must stay here and await the return of my little friends. Hopefully they will find our lost Gustave."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”