(023) Breakfast at Saxxon's

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 30, 2011 9:54 pm

tonneau wrote:
"I still have a lantern, my dear Ulrich", says Gustave, "though I have only one flask of oil, so let us make the journey swift..."
He pauses to regard the hobbit running backwards around the ground of the keep in the mud and purses his lips, then walks over to the outbuilding, "...but before we go anywhere, I suggest we take care, as I suspect this place is the mirror of its twin for traps and trickery", he adds, peering through the muddy window.

"We should make for the canyon floor through the tunnels, and hopefully we can find our wayward comrades en route"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 31, 2011 4:29 pm

tombowings wrote:
"Allow me to stand in front" says Pelenwin, knowing something of traps from in time as a Sentinel of the Citadel, "and prod the ground with my pole axe."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 31, 2011 6:40 pm

coffee wrote:
"I'll bring up the rear," Dieter says. "No telling how fast those hobgoblins will get across, bridge or no."

And he keeps looking behind, just in case.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 31, 2011 10:15 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
danhem wrote:OOC: What is our equipment situation guys? Ulric no longer has his lantern, oil, or any torches. We certainly should not go wandering down there in the dark.
I will give a complete inventory this evening.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 31, 2011 10:19 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Gustave peers into the building through the dirty, broken window pane.

Within is a large hall, cluttered with tumbled down timber and an inordinate thatch of cobwebs. There looks to be a fireplace and an open door arch at the left end of the hall, and only an open door arch at the right end of the hall. It does not look "inviting"...

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 31, 2011 10:21 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
tombowings wrote:"Allow me to stand in front" says Pelenwin, knowing something of traps from in time as a Sentinel of the Citadel, "and prod the ground with my pole axe."
As Highbough is about to put hand to doorknob, Pelenwin moves to investigate the ground before the door by prodding in several times sharply with the haft of his pole axe. The ground is cold and hard and grown high with weeds. But it is as firm as hard packed ground should be.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue May 31, 2011 10:24 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Meanwhile, Wibert runs through the front gate, and then back-peddles into the courtyard -- a mysterious maneuvering, perhaps devised by the Halfling war-masters. And then he runs out again...

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:08 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond draws his sword, stands to the side of the door and quips, "Watch out, Highbough... sometimes the doors shoot arrows!"

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:39 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Highbough turns the rusty doorknob and pushes.

No crossbow bolt flies out of the darkness.

Instead there is an insidious creak as the door swings inward, allowing a flood of grey light to spill into the chamber... which appears to be something similar to the mess hall in Saxxon's gatehouse. Only this hall is strewn with more rubble, clutter and cobwebs.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:42 am

heartless wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:Meanwhile, Wibert runs through the front gate, and then back-peddles into the courtyard -- a mysterious maneuvering, perhaps devised by the Halfling war-masters. And then he runs out again...
Happy to set a false trail Wibert returns. He will light a torch if need be but first sees how Ulric's lantern fairs. He joins the others to go inside the keep to find their lost friends, and escape this mad place.

OOC: I believe I have 4 or 5 Torches?

Return to “Hinterlands”