(023) Breakfast at Saxxon's

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun May 29, 2011 1:37 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond agrees with Highbough.

"Someone mentioned tunnels down below? Let's use them to our advantage."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun May 29, 2011 10:27 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
In fact, the wolf riders are all on the other side of the ravine, as far as you know.

It was the best part of a day's march from the back door (where you exited the Ogres' keep into the ravine) to a place where the ravine could be crossed.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun May 29, 2011 10:48 pm

tonneau wrote:
"Let us into the tunnels", says Gustave, "We must find Olaf and Victor, and perhaps we can leave this place via the ravine floor."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun May 29, 2011 10:57 pm

mushgnome wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:In fact, the wolf riders are all on the other side of the ravine, as far as you know.

It was the best part of a day's march from the back door (where you exited the Ogres' keep into the ravine) to a place where the ravine could be crossed.
I forgot that fact... in that case let's get out of here! (Olaf can catch up... just kidding!)

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 30, 2011 12:15 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Very good.

The company, led by Highbough, hastily turn to the rotted and weather worn door on their left and prepare to push into the dimly, cobwebby room that is glimpsed within through the small, broken, and grubby window.

There is another shuddering crash from outside, and the rear wall of the courtyard shakes off several centuries of dust as something very heavy impacts against the outside.

"Raaaawwwrrrrr!" bellows an enormous voice in frustration from across the ravine.

Who will enter first?

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 30, 2011 12:25 pm

heartless wrote:
tonneau wrote:"Let us into the tunnels", says Gustave, "We must find Olaf and Victor, and perhaps we can leave this place via the ravine floor."
"I agree it safer in the tunnel below, and we need to find our friends. BUT first lets set a false tail in the mud outside the gate. Let us walk out and into the area outside and spread out a little in many directions, leaving muddy foot steps and THEN walk backwards into the keep so they think we have made a run for it and go hide out in the tunnels here below. Who knows there may be food down there left by the orges", shouts Wibert will his brilliant idea. ;D Even if he thinks so only to himself.

OOC: I had this idea before work today but this is the first chance I add to post it after work. Bummer social games are banded at work for me.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 30, 2011 12:28 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Wibert shouts out his brilliant idea, hoping that the big folk will hear him. Those nearby cringe at the Halfling's volume, and wonder whether the Hobgoblins across the ravine might not have overheard..?

(but judging by the ruckus the Giant is making, it seems unlikely).

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 30, 2011 4:37 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough leads the way, lighting a candle if necessary.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 30, 2011 7:30 pm

danhem wrote:
Ulric shakes his head.

"Do we have oil or torches to light our way below?" he asks the assembled group. "I believe we left most of that behind to carry our valuables. We were already in the catacombs below. We know that there are more creatures other than the ogres dwelling there. Added to that we only have enough food for three days at the most. The ogres stew was not anything any of us would care to eat; at least I hope not. If the hobs and their giant camp right on top of us and wait us out, we'll never get out of here. But if that is the will of the group, so be it. I just hope we have more than Highbough's candle among us. Whatever we do, we need to do now."

OOC: What is our equipment situation guys? Ulric no longer has his lantern, oil, or any torches. We certainly should not go wandering down there in the dark.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon May 30, 2011 8:56 pm

heartless wrote:
"Come on guys, let us all make some false tracks for a minute or two and then I will get my torch out of my pack to go searching inside. What do you say?", asks Wibert.

OOC: Sorry for the shouting but with a wisdom of 5 the halfling is not always wise.

Return to “Hinterlands”