(064) Rustics & Heretics

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by Condorcet » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

"Be on your guard, dwarf" says Helmut as he moves cautiously down the right-hand passage, "Clearly something is amiss here, but this mess says all may not be against us."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:38 pm

| As I have it, the players are presently outside, on the threshold of entering the lobby. The lobby is mysteriously full of crossbows suspended by near-invisible wires. The majority of them are oriented toward the door.

Now Helmut is to stride into the lobby and head toward the right hand side passage. Yes? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by Condorcet » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:46 am

waysoftheearth wrote:| As I have it, the players are presently outside, on the threshold of entering the lobby. The lobby is mysteriously full of crossbows suspended by near-invisible wires. The majority of them are oriented toward the door.

Now Helmut is to stride into the lobby and head toward the right hand side passage. Yes? |
| I was under the impression they had already entered. So, OK then, if the crossbows are still poised to shoot he will not enter, but will return to the broken wall as planned. If they are clearly disassembled he will enter, though cautiously to see if there are any remaining crossbows as yet unnoticed. |

Post by heartless » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Ashtad continues quickly onward toward the abbey, following the tracks on the ground, and keeping a lookout for danger and where the Templar and dwarf got to and the the sound of the entourage of people they are meant to protect.

OOC: Am I right that the the gaggle of followers is with Valorn an Helmut up ahead.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:07 pm

heartless wrote:OOC: Am I right that the the gaggle of followers is with Valorn an Helmut up ahead.
Yes.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:09 pm

It appears to Helmut that some of the suspended crossbows, at least, have been tampered with--and he sees a litter of bolts on the floor...

Post by Condorcet » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:50 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:It appears to Helmut that some of the suspended crossbows, at least, have been tampered with--and he sees a litter of bolts on the floor...
Unable to ascertain that all of the crossbows have been disabled, Helmut decides to return around the wall to the damaged section. Perhaps alternative access can be had there.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:19 am

Very well.

After a moment's consideration, Helmut turns on his heel and heads off, back the way he came.

About half way around the wall he runs into Ashtad, coming toward him, with a pack load of coins.

Post by heartless » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:39 am

"Sir Helmut, I am happy see you alive and well. I am sorry to be so late but I needed to collect my arrows as I do not have an endless supply of them to protect our little group with. How fairs thee and the others?", asks Ashtad.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Post by Condorcet » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:13 pm

heartless wrote:"Sir Helmut, I am happy see you alive and well. I am sorry to be so late but I needed to collect my arrows as I do not have an endless supply of them to protect our little group with. How fairs thee and the others?", asks Ashtad.
Helmut eyes the woman and her sack and grunts. He walks past her to inspect the broken wall for a way in, "Come," he says, "we may need your bow."

Return to “Hinterlands”