(064) Rustics & Heretics

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mistere29 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

Valorn will start searching the area that the troll emerged from to see if he left anything behind.

Post by Condorcet » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:23 pm

Helmut sheaths his blade after first cleansing it of foul smelling blood.

He regards the fallen foe quietly for a moment, then says "This one deserves no prayers from Thuul, but I am saddened that it had to come to this end. It was not a creature of evil, just stupid."

He then looks up at Valorn with new respect in his eyes, "You faught well, dwarf. I feared this foe beyond us at the beginning but saw no choice but arms."

"The woman tells no lie either", he continues, shifting his gaze across the ravine to Ashtad, "Her bow is true indeed, and I would not be a green-skin if she were in a foul mood."

He waves the party across the ravine to join them, then repacks his spilled rations into his pack, shouldering the load once again.

"Come", he says with a final glance at the body of the troll, "lets get us hence to the abbey ere his brother comes searching for him."

Post by mistere29 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:18 am

heartless wrote:
mistere29 wrote:| Why don't we "offer" him Ashtad, that way we can get the entire party over the bridge. |
:evil:

| Just a ruse to get you across the bridge safely, guess we didn't need it. |

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:18 pm

While the camp followers, then Ashtad, gingerly cross the bridge Valorn makes use of the time to search the area. Before too long he comes across a rude little squat that must have served as the bridge troll's camp. It's barely more than a hollow between a few rocks, containing a burned out campfire and the gnawed bones of some small game animals. There is a large, coarse sack there that must contain the creatures goods.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mistere29 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:02 pm

Valorn will open the sack.

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:59 am

Valorn matter-of-factly opens the sack and peers inside.

It is "rustic" both in form and odour, and he is forced to hold his breath. But there's no doubt it contains a goodly pile of mixed coin--to the tune of a right load. 40lb or so, by the look. Doubtless much of it would have been extorted from frightened travelers.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by Condorcet » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:59 am

"Coin from dead men" observes Helmut, as Valorn's eyes light up at the gold.

He snorts and walks off in the direction of the abbey, leaving others to follow if they wish.

Post by mistere29 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:25 pm

Valorn will put the sack back for now and follow Helmut to the abbey. He will motion to Asthad to follow them.

Post by heartless » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:25 am

Ashtad indeed crosses the bridge and retrieves her treasured arrows.

| How many arrows are reuse-able? |

Ashtad will pocket the coins from the sack.

Ashtad will then catch up with the others and says, "Helmut and Valorn your hands are strong and shore, I am happy to fight along side you. Do not fear my arrows as I can hit a target easy even if your are there."
Last edited by heartless on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:58 am

Condorcet wrote:"Coin from dead men" observes Helmut, as Valorn's eyes light up at the gold.
| Gold eh? Few travelers or pilgrims carry gold even in the civilised World, let alone the Hinterlands... |
heartless wrote:How many arrows are reuse-able?
| Officially, "weapons" (including arrows) make a saving throw on a d20 roll of 10+, so that's a very generous 55% chance of any arrow being recoverable. If you want to delay to search for them, I will roll individually for each of the five spent arrows. |

Return to “Hinterlands”