(064) Rustics & Heretics

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

Valorn adds his victuals to that which Helmut has offered the huge fellow...

| As a neutral reaction was had previously, a second reaction check is called for: 2d6=6, again an undecided/neutral outcome... |

"Well scratch meself silly," complains the bridge-troll, "This 'ere ain't enuff to feed a weevil! Yoo'll afta leave one of yer women fer me too. Oi ain't fussy mind, any of 'em will do me. Which 'll it be?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:42 am

Post by Condorcet » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:49 pm

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

"I believe the deal was for whatever we were carrying", says Helmut flatly, "This we have given you. Or are we...renegotiating?"

He positions himself suitably to engage the beast if necessary, hoping the blacksmith is up to supporting him.

Posts: 60
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post by mistere29 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

| Why don't we "offer" him Ashtad, that way we can get the entire party over the bridge. |

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

"This ain't a negowsssh-eeatin'," glowers the bridge-troll, flinging the meager trail rations aside in disgust "It's me takin whateva oi likes from yoo mijjets. Now, if them women ain't comin' ova 'ere, then oi'll just hasta eet yoo instead. Tha dwarf hardly counts."

Then, raising its sonorous voice to a boom it hails Ashtad and the followers: "Git yer scrawny hides ova 'ere!" it bellows.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:42 am

Post by Condorcet » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:22 pm

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

Helmut tuts in disappointment then, as the beast turns its attention to the bridge once again, retreats from the precipice to reach some fighting space, motioning for the dwarf to follow.

"Alas, it seems that words and reason are insufficient in the face of such greed and stupidity", he whispers.

He draws the blade of Seyal's Tines from its sheath on his back, motioning as he does to Ashtad to loose arrows, and hoping the woman's aim is a true as her claim.

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:31 am

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

| What are Ashtad and Valorn going to do at this potentially critical moment? |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by heartless » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:45 am

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

Making sure that Helmut and Valorn are out of the way, Ashtad take careful aim and starts shooting the troll.

OOC: Given the dwarf Valorn is short Ashtad could just shoot over his head.
Last edited by heartless on Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Posts: 111
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by heartless » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:47 am

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

mistere29 wrote:| Why don't we "offer" him Ashtad, that way we can get the entire party over the bridge. |
:evil:
[Hinderlands]Kianna the Elf Sister-Fighter-Medium, Elf Maiden, Fighter/MU/Cleric 1/1/1
[Hinterlands-Netherworld] Ashtad Engel (the flaming arrow), Human Maiden, Marksman 2
[Moria] Lady Éohild (Noble of Rohan), Human Women, Fighter 3

Posts: 60
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 2:00 am

Post by mistere29 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

Valorn attacks the creature with his axe.

Posts: 16541
Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:44 am

Re: (064) Rustics & Heretics

[6 Woman,leather+helm,longbow,shield,12,5/5]Ashtad[/6] sees where this is all going, and so bends her bow while she still has the opportunity to fire at a clean target. It's 70 yards so she has a series of missiles in flight before the first one hits home...

...on the other side of the bridge:

"Tools is it, ya littl' blighters?!" snarls the bridge-troll as it sees [p Dwarf,mail+helm,axe,shield,9,8/8]Valorn[/p] and [6 Man,mail+helm,two,handed sword,9,5/5]Helmut[/6] rushing to engage. "Ah'll eet yez all then!" it promises and takes a low wide stance just as [6 Woman,leather+helm,longbow,shield,12,5/5]Ashtad[/6]'s volley of missiles come raining down... | 1d20=14, hit; 1d6=6 hp damage! 1d6=4 so 5 arrows spent | ...and several arrows drill into the creature's back.

"Ugh," it grunts, eyes bulging at this, but an instant later combat is joined, and it pummels [6 Dwarf,mail+helm,axe,shield,9,5/8]Valorn[/6] and [6 Man,mail+helm,two,handed sword,9,4/5]Helmut[/6] with broads sweeps of its log-weight arms, but even this can't stop the pair and they hew mightily at the monster with axe and sword and lay it low in surprisingly short order.

"Hungree," it wheezes with its final breath, and then is silent.

| Initiative is rolled. 1d6; players=2, bridge-troll=6.
The bridge-troll has 4 attacks versus normal types, let's say two each versus Valorn and Helmut:
2d20 vs Valorn=6,18, one hit; 1d6=3 damage (5/8 remaining).
2d20 vs Helmut=19,4, one hit; 1d6=1 damage (4/5 remaining).

Valorn 1d20=19 hit; 1d6=4 so 3 hp damage,
Helmut 1d20=16 hit; target is large-sized so 2d6=4,6 for 6 hp damage,

Ref rolls hp for the bridge-troll 4d6+1=12, but 15 hp damage has been suffered, so it is bested. |


[6 Dwarf,mail+helm,axe,shield,9,5/8]Valorn[/6] and [6 Man,mail+helm,two,handed sword,9,4/5]Helmut[/6] have minor hurts only, and can scarcely believe their success. | And nor can the referee... |

What now?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
Designed by ST Software.