(062) The Basal


Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: (062) The Basal

| Highbough is no longer surprised; apologies I should have made that explicit. |
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 971

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:15 am

Re: (062) The Basal

waysoftheearth wrote:| Highbough is no longer surprised; apologies I should have made that explicit. |


(OOC: No worries, understood and enjoying the conversation for the moment! Highbough will keep talking until he feels directly threatened, maybe this sneaky thing knows some useful information!)
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:11 am

Re: (062) The Basal

In the Reliquary (everyone but Highbough is here)

Ulric has utilised the crystal ball for a turn with Josiane and Wen looking on, and now Ulric requires another turn of rest.

Meanwhile, everyone else (bar Desmond/Mondes) has taken a rest and some refreshments.
Supplies (Elvish waybread and water) are consumed.
Hit points are regained for those eligible:
Dieter (was on 12/16) 1d6=6! (new total 16/16)
Olaf (was on 12/14) 1d6=4 (new total 14/14)
Dorgan (was on 17/24) 1d6=5 (new total 22/24)
Beringnar (was on 7/7) Fit as a fiddle!
Torben (was on 10/11) 1d6=1 (new total 11/11)
Armando (was on 5/7) 1d6=5 (new total 7/7)

I've decided that Dorgan and Dieter will regain one point of strength per turn of rest (rather than one point per hour). It's just a bit easier to administer that way. So Dorgan is now up to 4 strength, and Dieter is up to 10 strength.


Desmond/Mondes has meanwhile opened the secret door to the inner room, navigated the dark narrow passage and checked over the spare chamber therein (without actually entering it). It is wholly until, and appears empty and disused--but at least it hasn't been vandalised. Desmond/Mondes has a bit of time up his sleeve if he wants to do anything while the others finish their rest...

Ulric must spend the next turn resting. What do the rest which to do?
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1646

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:23 am

Re: (062) The Basal

| was Desmond able to ascertain if there is fresh water available from the first alcove still? |
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 16442

Joined: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:15 am

Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:51 am

Re: (062) The Basal

ehiker133 wrote:| was Desmond able to ascertain if there is fresh water available from the first alcove still? |


Alas, the source of fresh water appears to have dried up. All that remains is a patch of plastered mud.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 1646

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Location: Just west of St. Louis

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:22 am

Re: (062) The Basal

Desmond kneels near the mud and rakes his fingers through it.

"Damn. No fresh water down here anymore. What a shame." He shakes his head, staring at the mud.

"This place doesn't feel 'safe' anymore like it did before."
[f=4]Leudigar the Tracker (MV 9", AC 3/5, HD 2+2, hp 9/9, FC 2 Men, L) mail+helm, silvered sword+Torch
Desmond/Mondes the Hobbet Hero/Burglar (MV 9", AC 5/7, HD 4/2+2, hp 19/19, FC Hero, N) leather+helm, short sword+main gauche[/f]
User avatar

Posts: 134

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:20 pm

Location: OH

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: (062) The Basal

Torben

Torben stretches mightily as he gathers his things.
User avatar

Posts: 1196

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:48 pm

Re: (062) The Basal

Dorgan thanks whoever it was that shared their food and water with him and then leans back to rest some more. He may even close his eyes for a spell. So tired...
Chiron the Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 4/4, FC Man, L) dagger+torch, The Mellifluent Concord

Posts: 416

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:42 pm

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Re: (062) The Basal

Josiane grits her teeth, ignoring the throbbing pain in her left calf that she seems to have suffered during her leap into the abysmal pit, and focuses her energies on the Speculem and the Gustave...
User avatar

Posts: 971

Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:12 pm

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:48 pm

Re: (062) The Basal

(Now that the surprise has worn off...) As Highbough continues his game of verbal cat-and-mouse with Nizzib, he inches backward into the light, shuffling his feet inside his cloak (moonwalk-style) so he doesn't appear to make any visible movement. His posture is relaxed and non-threatening, but the Ire Spear is always in his grasp. If Nizzib pounces then he will set the spear and impale the shadow-creature with its own momentum!
PreviousNext

Return to Hinterlands

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software