(056) Spirits of Wildwood

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:53 am

Re: (056) Spirits of Wildwood

"A bit of flute music to greet the forest my fine gnome" Wen would say in Old Elvish. "Which you like to hear more? Or perhaps you would like to hear a bit of rain" Wen would make his flute play it's cunning little rain song in hopes of swaying the little gnome.

ooc: Glad I took Old Elvish way back when.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:07 am

The "gnome" (hardly the sort of Gnome Wen is likely to meet in a tavern) seems to understand, and listens a moment to Wen's rain song....

Reaction check again because of the previous indifferent result 2d6=3; a negative reaction.

...and immediately gives a SHREEEIK! as if Wen had stabbed it with a pin, and zips off into the forest at great pace!

Within moments the creature has vanished into the woods and mists, and it is then our intrepid pair note that all buzzing of insects has ceased. The forest has gone absolutely quiet, so that the sound of a babbling brook carries now carries to their ears from some way off to their left...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:36 am

Highbough "scans" in the direction of the brook to the left.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 pm

Wen would stop playing and sigh "Looks like my luck has left. We best keep moving and be cautious, I doubt the Gnome was going to have the answers we seek but it is still a stroke of bad luck."
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:21 am

Highbough senses the presence of innumerable minds, flitting into and out of his perception giving him scarcely a moment to grasp their existence, but beyond these is a much deeper, steady presence which is wholly focused on observing two strange, bipedal creatures ambling noisily through the forest...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:18 am

Wen would continue moving ahead, unless Highbough stops him.

Post by mushgnome » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:18 am

Highbough gently stops Wen with a hand on the shoulder, and steers him in the direction of the deeper, steady presence.

[OOC: this thread doesn't show up in the New Posts for me, I didn't know it was my turn to post, guess I will just check back regularly.]
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:14 pm

Our pair turn toward the stream, giving way as a column of rat-sized, bright purple beetles waddle across their route on the unknowable business of rat-sized purple beetles. They pass amazingly bright flowers, verdant mosses, and bright leaves--not to mention huge insects of every imaginable description. The whole forest seems a-thrum with life and energy.

When they have come two score paces more, they see 'tis not a stream at all, but a large, misty pool into which numerous little trickles of water dapple. Bathing quite naked in the pool is the most fabulously beautiful and womanly creature in all the world. Even with her back to you, her beauty is profound--Wen's young heart is racing; even Highbough's venerable blood stirs a fraction. She doesn't turn to see you, although perhaps she has just now half-turned her head, mayhap listening for your approach?

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:39 pm

Wen would take a quick breath and jam his eyes shut and focuses his mind as tightly as possible, he knows enough to fear enchantment from the powerful spirits of the woodlands. Then he speaks in Old Elvish..

"I humbly apologies for this intrusion beautiful one. If it was not for the danger to the IvoryWold I would not be so bold as to disrupt the peace of your domain. May I speak to you and tell you why we are here and they great danger that may soon face the Elves of IvoryWold, and by extension even this magical place?"

Post by mushgnome » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Highbough approaches no closer and scrunches his eyes shut. He says nothing (waiting for the fey's response to Wen's greeting) but concentrates his Sixth Sense on the woodland being to hopefully discern her surface thoughts and intentions (such as whether she means us harm).

Return to “Hinterlands”