(021) Vegetable Soup

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 04, 2011 4:10 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

Professor P wrote:
KOCH

As the dawn approached, KOCH warmed up the leftover soup and gruel. As the others start to wake he cheerily says, "Let's eat!"

KOCH is still just happy to have his meals out of bondage.

"What did you guys have planned for this place and for Saxxon's gang? Why travel here to begin with? Did you have a beef with him like I did?"
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 04, 2011 8:30 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:"That's a lot o' mouths to feed," mutters Victor, looking about. And spits.

That was the fifth night, and this will be the sixth day, since you departed Ket.
"And I think we need to set out for Ket today, this morning in fact!" says Olaf, "We are beginning to run low of supplies, it seems, and we have gained some treasure and experience. Once we get back to Ket we can decide what to do next."

"That's my feeling on the subject, in any case." the warrior says as he begins putting his armor back on.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 04, 2011 10:29 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

waysoftheearth wrote:
mushgnome wrote:Highbough steps outside and examines his caltrops and traps. Is there any blood or sign of disturbance to indicate we were approached during the night?
The caltrops that Highbough placed outside the stair-well door have been shuffled aside, as if someone wanted to stand right by the door. Those outside in the muddy courtyard appear to be undisturbed.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 04, 2011 10:36 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:"Let me warm up breakfast, we have alot of soup! What we really need is more food to stay here much longer.", smiles Wibert with a yarn!

"How long will it take do you think to the nearest town, as we have only 2+ days of food left", asks Wibert over breakfast.

The last of the vegetable soup was hungrily devoured last night. There is plenty of gruel however. The infamous stuff is warmed... if anyone dares eat any more of it. It looks and smells powerfully grim... and Gustave can attest to its horror.

"Well, it took us three days to march out here..." muses Boris, thrumming thick fingers through his mustache... "And that were with a mule to haul the cart, and none o' this here treasure..."

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

tombowings wrote:
After waking up and performing his morning rituals, Pelenwin will go about and collect the caltrops, bucket, etc. that were used as traps/alarms for Saxxon's men.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 05, 2011 1:57 am

(021) Vegetable Soup

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:"Let me warm up breakfast, we have alot of soup! What we really need is more food to stay here much longer.", smiles Wibert with a yarn!

"How long will it take do you think to the nearest town, as we have only 2+ days of food left", asks Wibert over breakfast.

The last of the vegetable soup was hungrily devoured last night. There is plenty of gruel however. The infamous stuff is warmed... if anyone dares eat any more of it. It looks and smells powerfully grim... and Gustave can attest to its horror.

"Well, it took us three days to march out here..." muses Boris, thrumming thick fingers through his mustache... "And that were with a mule to haul the cart, and none o' this here treasure..."
"That's why we need to start back now." Olaf says, "Maybe we can do a bit of hunting along the way to add to our provisions, but even if we can't we can get back to Ket without going hungry for too many days."

"Say...I don't suppose any of you guys know if there is village near here?" Olaf asks suddenly.

"Those vegetables had to come from somewhere and I can't believe those knaves grew them themselves."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 05, 2011 5:03 am

(021) Vegetable Soup

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond thinks for a moment... "When I was up on the wall yesterday, I thought I saw another structure on the other side of the ravine. We could see if there is food over there."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 am

(021) Vegetable Soup

coffee wrote:
"I'd rather go back to town," Dieter says. "We know there's food there, we can hunt on the way, we can cash in this loot, and we can get another mule.

"Plus, they have inns there, with proper beds, inside, out of the rain. I could use one of those..."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 05, 2011 7:22 am

(021) Vegetable Soup

waysoftheearth wrote:
After five full days in the field of trials, a few of you are getting a bit... ripe.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu May 05, 2011 12:28 pm

(021) Vegetable Soup

Professor P wrote:
KOCH nods at Dieter's words, "I am certainly ready to be away from this place and back to relative safety."

Return to “Hinterlands”