(055) Wildwood/The Ivory Wold

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by coffee » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: (055) Wildwood (the Ivory Wold)

Dieter maintains a perimeter watch while the former giants sleep.

He is entirely unabashed about the effects of his meal; you have to be alive to be that sick. Starving to death would not have been a viable option.
[f=4]Karl the Fighter (M 9", AC 4/6, HD 1+2, FC Man+1, hp 9/9) mail+shield[/f]

Post by mushgnome » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Highbough isn't capable of doing much except hold his insides together.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by mgtremaine » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:49 pm

Wen is doing his best not make the situation any worse. He sits against a tree and speaks softly. "I think it best if I go into the Ivory Wold and alert the Elves of are presence and needs. That is as soon as I can walk." Several moments of silence would pass as he grimaces at the things his stomach is trying to do. "I suspect the Elves might want to blindfold the company if they agree. Secrecy is a powerful defense after all. I will need someone to join me for safety sake least I blunder into something I can not run away from."

occ: If Josiane is willing to cast her spell that would be great. I think the sooner we can get to a "town" the better.
[f=4]Wen the Pale, Elf Hero/Spellbinder (MV 12", AC 9, HD 4/2, hp 11/11, FC Hero, L) helm, bow[/f]
[f=47]Kiplyn Sorefoot, Hobbet Thief (Lv: 4 AC: 5 Hp 12) Leather+Shield+Dagger, Sling[/f]
[f=59]Tass Purrfoot (Agile Hobbet Varlet, MV 9′′, AC 7, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV T7, N)[/f]

Post by danhem » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:02 pm

Ulric finds a place to sit and rest, his warg bites still fresh and raw.

"What about that sack you discovered in the secret room of the abbey Gustave? Has anyone looked in that yet?"

(OOC: Seriously, what was in that sack? I can find no reference to it after it was found.)

Ulric will take some time to study, memorizing his favorite spells just in case the goblins come again.

OOC: Memorizing Anthracite Sufference, Comburent Phlogiston, and Hyperbole Fulmination.

Post by mushgnome » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:30 pm

If Highbough is well enough to focus on his spellbook, he will memorize The Rhyme of Exiguous Glamour, The Acclivitous Smaze, and Highbough's Torrefaction.
[f=59]Stern (Strong Hero, MV 9′′, AC 3, HD 4, hp 20, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, L)[/f]

Post by sully » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:29 pm

Dorgan will also keep a watch.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by doctorx » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Josiane will endeavour to ignore the griping cramps that twist at her stomach and commit The Succor of Anathema Demurred and The Supplication of Medicant Requite to memory.

Post by Tonneau » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:51 pm

Gustave empties the contents of his pack onto the grass, that the learned may examine them in their sickness-induced stasis.

"Shall we go and find us some elves then?" he then says to Wen in Elvish.
[f=59]Wraislin [Intellectual Conjurer, MV 12′′, AC 9, HD 2, hp 8, FC 2 men, SV M3, N] [/f]

Post by sully » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:54 am

Re: (055) Wildwood/The Ivory Wold

Dorgan will take a quick break from his watch and look inside the sack the group brought back from the monastery, once Gustave dumps it.
Thanis [Stealthy Hero, MV 12′′, AC 7, HD 4, hp 16, FC 4 men/hero, SV F4, N]. Hooded cloak, padded armor, sword, longbow +1 & quiver of arrows, dagger.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:01 am

Re: (055) Wildwood/The Ivory Wold

doctorx wrote:Josiane will endeavour to ignore the griping cramps that twist at her stomach and commit The Succor of Anathema Demurred and The Supplication of Medicant Requite to memory.
Let us see whether Josiane can maintain the necessary composure to memorise these spells...

Constitution 9 means a 60% chance to withstand adversity: d20=9, success! Just barely

...the shield maiden pales substantially and sweats for almost an hour as she forces herself to maintain control of her tumultuous insides, and by a supreme effort of will she commits these prayers to memory.

Then (I'll presume she intends to invoke the Demurr upon Wen, Highbough, and herself..?) can she continue her effort long enough to invoke the poison delaying prayer..?

d20=20! Emphatic success!

Her will power is total! She unfurls the prayer with consummate precision, despite the huge effort it costs her.

And suddenly Wen, Highbough, and herself experience a delightful relief and a total subsidence of the gnawing gut pain. It is as if the malady of the foul warg meat never were!

(And thus both Highbough and Wen are able to memorise their repertoires without rolling).
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Return to “Hinterlands”