(020) Exploring the South-East Stair

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:09 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Well, thinks Wibert to himself as he gathers up what vegetables he deems safe, it is kind of strange how this cellar just keeps going back and back, further and further from the stair. There are a shamble of old boxes that seems to have been all cast in a heap up the back... but is that a tiny path that winds its way between them?

No matter how hard he looks, Wibert still can't see any evidence of a back wall. He stands there figuring for a minute... one hand holding the sputtering torch aloft, the other clutching a shirt-front full of dubious onions and tatters. This place must be more of an underground passage than a cellar...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:39 pm

heartless wrote:
Wibert shouts out, "HELP" repeatedly and climbs back out of the cellar to get the others, he does not feel safe alone in the cellar.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:35 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Desmond, Gustave, Highbough and Andaros hear Wibert's call and are all peering into the kitchen with hands on weapons as the Halfling emerges from the cellar with his shirt front bulging with veggies.

"What is it?" queries Andaros...

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:59 pm

mushgnome wrote:
"Wibert you are right to be cautious alone in an unexplored cellar," scolds Highbough, "but I think you are overreacting to bumps in the dark." Noticing the tasty vegetables Wibert has procured, his mood turns forgiving as he continues, "Let us shut the trap door and cover it with this heavy crate so that nobody can sneak up on us from below. I've been making a map of all the doorways, hatches, and stairs on this level so that we can secure each one from attackers."

Once he has shut and weighted the trap door to the cellar, Highbough makes a small mark next to its location on his map.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:22 am

ehiker133 wrote:
"Jeez, Wibert! You scared the crap out of us!" Desmond sighs and visibly relaxes a little, but is still concerned about his health and how useful he is right now.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:26 am

tonneau wrote:
Gustave tests his reinvigorated lungs with a deep breath, and at once collapses in a violent fit of coughing that culminates in an amorphous, off-purple projectile which lands at his feet, narrowly missing his suede boot.

"Ah", he manages weakly.

He wipes a hand over his mouth and stands with some difficulty, then looks around at those present as Wibert emerges from the cellar.

"I wonder, what has become of our comrades? Did not someone go in search of them? Perhaps we should all follow ere we fall into another of these ubiquitous traps...", he ponders aloud, scratching a now well stubbled (but still finely chisled) chin, "...not that, were it not that our friends very lives may be in danger, I would wait a moment longer for the opportunity to dine once again on your fine fair, dear hobbit", he adds, bowing deeply.

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:38 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
mushgnome wrote:"Wibert you are right to be cautious alone in an unexplored cellar," scolds Highbough, "but I think you are overreacting to bumps in the dark." Noticing the tasty vegetables Wibert has procured, his mood turns forgiving as he continues, "Let us shut the trap door and cover it with this heavy crate so that nobody can sneak up on us from below. I've been making a map of all the doorways, hatches, and stairs on this level so that we can secure each one from attackers."

Once he has shut and weighted the trap door to the cellar, Highbough makes a small mark next to its location on his map.
Andaros helps Highbough to move the wood chest back onto over the trapdoor so that it is firmly shut.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:31 pm

heartless wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:"Jeez, Wibert! You scared the crap out of us!" Desmond sighs and visibly relaxes a little, but is still concerned about his health and how useful he is right now.
In a frighten tone Wibert says, "Sorry Desmond but the room was not right and I felt a spell or something on me that scared the heck out of me. The size of that room is not right and I could not stop thinking about it. Maybe too much as happen and I just freaked out all alone down that cellar."

He takes a deep breath, "Thanks Andaros and Highbough for coming to my aid and sealing up that cellar. No one should go down there alone again. There were chains on the wall and the smell of a Man-sweat, so who knows what happened down there. "
"All I know is that no one is safe within this keep, so no one any time should go it alone. we need each other to stay safe
", finishes Wibert.

"Now that I have rescued these veggies, let me make a soup fit for a king for all to eat", says Wibert with a smile returning to his face.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:09 pm

mushgnome wrote:
"I will taste your soup, Young Wibert," encourages Highbough. "We should stay here and wait for the others to return, for if we set off on our own, they'll know not where to find us."

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:56 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Desmond

"Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm staying right here until Wibert is done with his soup. Then I'm eating a bowl of soup."

Desmond then plops down on the floor a few feet away from the pot of simmering soup and sniffs the air greedily.

Return to “Hinterlands”