(020) Exploring the South-East Stair

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:48 pm

heartless wrote:
"Soup it is", says Wibert. Strangely he feels at home again in this kitchen and makes up a tasteful soup for all to eat, especially Gustave and Desmond who need to recover.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:04 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:"Soup it is", says Wibert. Strangely he feels at home again in this kitchen and makes up a tasteful soup for all to eat, especially Gustave and Desmond who need to recover.
Wibert gets to work in the kitchen. The veggies he unearthed in the cellar are, in fact, borderline inedible. But considering the hungry crew of adventurers have eaten little other than hard rations for the last week, anything that resembles a cooked meal will be a welcome change.

Wibert cuts away the worst parts of the onions, potatoes, and pumpkin he has gathered, and then gets his soup cooking in one of the large black pots. Before long he is well into it, and there is a delicious smell throughout the kitchen, and flowing out into the mess hall. The kitchen fire is beginning to warm the place quite nicely too. It is all verging on homely and is very pleasing indeed to the busy Hobbit...

Wibert judges his soup now needs to simmer for a third to a half of one hour to be "just right". In the meantime, he will need to locate and clean some bowls and spoon, and also locate some herbs or spices for a garnish...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:05 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Desmond, Gustave, Highbough and Andaros are mightily impressed with the smell of Wibert's soup, and are all suddenly feeling very hungry.

It is, after all, mid afternoon by now, and lunch time has come and gone un-noticed...

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:57 am

tonneau wrote:
"If this tastes anywhere near as good as it smells my dear Hobbit", observes Gustave with palpable anticipation in his voice, "and you decide to one day retire from this wandering life of adventuring, I will gladly provide your recommendation to the legendary kitchen of the Duke of Keebincle myself!"

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 am

heartless wrote:
tonneau wrote:"If this tastes anywhere near as good as it smells my dear Hobbit", observes Gustave with palpable anticipation in his voice, "and you decide to one day retire from this wandering life of adventuring, I will gladly provide your recommendation to the legendary kitchen of the Duke of Keebincle myself!"
"I pray I live to long enough to take you up on this offer", replies Wibert. [img]images/smiley/wink.png[/img]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:03 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough keeps an anxious eye on the courtyard as he awaits the delicious soup.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:52 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
(The story continues in thread (021)...)

Return to “Hinterlands”