(017) A closer look at the Gatehouse

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:10 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
tombowings wrote:Pelenwin descends the tower stairs, expecting to find a familiar scene.
Pelenwin boldly descends the steep, cramped stair, with Dieter right behind him, followed by Ulric (and his lantern), then Highbough, and lastly Mads.

The scene is indeed familiar... the stair turns two sharp corners before arriving in a small, stone chamber. From the brief landing Pelenwin sees a closed wooden door ahead, and an open stone arch that leads into a dark room which appears mostly occupied by chains and cobwebs which dangle in equal measure.

Beyond the landing the narrow stair descends yet further into darkness...
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:19 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
The layout is something like this...

```````````````````````````````````
````############...############````
````#.........................#````
````#..............#####--#####````
````#..............#.....P...U#````
````#..............#HHH.#./D|\#````
````############...############````
`S`````````````````````````````````
E+W````````````````````````````````
`N`````````````````````````````````

Pelenwin is in the room. Dieter and Ulric are on the stair. Highbough and Mads are farther up the stairs, behind Ulric.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:25 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Professor P wrote:KOCH will aid Gustave and then follow the halflings.
Gustave takes a merciful sip from Koch's flask, and is greatly pleased to learn that the robust fellow is of tailor stock. If his father is as handy with the thread as Koch tells, this lad might be worth more than his stong arm and hand-axe alone.

(1d6=4) Feeling mightily refreshed, Gustave gets up, straightens what remains of his tunic and his dignity, and prepares to follow the others...

(with 8 of 9 hit points)

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:59 am

heartless wrote:
ehiker133 wrote: "Yeah, I think we need to stick together a little more... let's follow Dieter up the stairs, instead of down. I need to give him back his crowbar, anyway."
"Hey Desmond let go team up with Dieter and the others first and then get them to come here to help out. I'm sure there must be treasure below in the old gambling den", says Wibert and heads off towards Ulric and Dieter .

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:46 pm

mushgnome wrote:
Highbough will return Dieter's grappling hook and rope.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:20 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
heartless wrote:
ehiker133 wrote: "Yeah, I think we need to stick together a little more... let's follow Dieter up the stairs, instead of down. I need to give him back his crowbar, anyway."
"Hey Desmond let go team up with Dieter and the others first and then get them to come here to help out. I'm sure there must be treasure below in the old gambling den", says Wibert and heads off towards Ulric and Dieter .
Desmond nods in agreement and follows Wibert in search of Dieter.

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:39 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:"Hey Desmond let go team up with Dieter and the others first and then get them to come here to help out. I'm sure there must be treasure below in the old gambling den", says Wibert and heads off towards Ulric and Dieter .
Wibert knows that the quickest route to the gambling den is down the dark stair right in front of him (Olaf does have his marvellous lamp to light the way). On the other hand, Wibert would have to head up the stair and onto the roof to follow after Dieter and co.

Which way, up or down?

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:53 pm

tombowings wrote:
Pelenwin turns to the others. "This level looks secure. I say we head down into the basement to see if there are any more of these foul betrayers left."

Post by waysoftheearth » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:54 pm

eris wrote:
waysoftheearth wrote:
heartless wrote:"Hey Desmond let go team up with Dieter and the others first and then get them to come here to help out. I'm sure there must be treasure below in the old gambling den", says Wibert and heads off towards Ulric and Dieter .
Wibert knows that the quickest route to the gambling den is down the dark stair right in front of him (Olaf does have his marvellous lamp to light the way). On the other hand, Wibert would have to head up the stair and onto the roof to follow after Dieter and co.

Which way, up or down?
"Wibert, I've got the light." Olaf says, "Lead on!"

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 am

tonneau wrote:
"A taylor you say? Well that is auspicious news indeed", says Gustave, eyeing Koch with renewed interest.
"I - and more to the point, my clothing - look forward to making his acquaintance should we survive this mess", he adds, sipping gratefully from Koch's flask.
Resored by the welcome draught and the news of hope, he regains his feet and accompanies Koch in pursuit of the halflings.

Return to “Hinterlands”