(014) The Ravine

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:12 pm

(014) The Ravine

tombowings wrote:
"Elf, can you see in darkness?" asks Pellenwin. "If so, allow me to bless you with silent footsteps, so you may tread into the cave unnoticed."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:32 pm

(014) The Ravine

mushgnome wrote:
tombowings wrote:"Elf, can you see in darkness?" asks Pellenwin. "If so, allow me to bless you with silent footsteps, so you may tread into the cave unnoticed."
"This is not my fight, Man," chides Highbough the Cypher. "I will defend myself viciously if attacked, but I will not antagonize a wild beast in its burrow, not while the knaves who struck down my kinsman Padrig yet live."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:26 pm

(014) The Ravine

tonneau wrote:
"Highbough speaks wisely,", notes Gustave, "there lie about enough enemies without us seeking more fiends to wound us."
"I suggest we press on, and keep a wary eye on your cave as we pass. There is little reward and much risk here.", he adds, fingering his wound.
He loosens his blade in its scabbard and eyes the den suspiciously, "But...keep awake thyne weapons."

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:24 pm

(014) The Ravine

eris wrote:
tonneau wrote:"Highbough speaks wisely,", notes Gustave, "there lie about enough enemies without us seeking more fiends to wound us."
"I suggest we press on, and keep a wary eye on your cave as we pass. There is little reward and much risk here.", he adds, fingering his wound.
He loosens his blade in its scabbard and eyes the den suspiciously, "But...keep awake thyne weapons."
"I vote for passing by the beast's lair as well." Olaf says, "Maybe the beast in there will attack any of the knaves that might be following us..as I fear they may be...and not ourselves."

"Let's move quickly through this land toward the ruins on this side of the ravine. The better a chance we have to take the ruffians there by surprise the better."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:51 am

(014) The Ravine

tombowings wrote:
"To press on would be wiser than entering this hole blind," says Pelenwin. "Let us pass on and hack the limb of those barbaric blackguards."

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:05 am

(014) The Ravine

waysoftheearth wrote:
After a brief council conducted in the swaying grass beyond the ridge top nearest the cave mouth, the company decides to give that lair a wide berth in the hope of avoiding any unnecessary contest of arms...

(1d6)

Post by waysoftheearth » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:07 am

(014) The Ravine

waysoftheearth wrote:
The tale shall continue in its 15th thread; Saxxon's Gatehouse...

Return to “Hinterlands”