(013) The Gatehouse Dunjon

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:49 pm

verhaden wrote:
Mads the Fair

"Good thinking, Highbough." says Mads, quick to pickup on his intentions. "Maybe we could bottle it and have ourselves a useful missile weapon or two."

He walks over and hands Andaros his hand-axe. "It's seen a lot, but it's a solid weapon."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:38 am

Valandil wrote:
heartless wrote:Thank you also Andaros and Thorgrim for you fought bravely this night, do not worry we will buy new weapons form the treasure we have found here soon enough", says Padrig.
"If it wasn't for your keen senses, some of us would have suffered the same fate than my mace." -Andaros says, somewhat bluntly, as usual.

He also takes Mads ax, and smiles.

"Oi, thanks brother! The mace, crossbow and ax are my weapons of choice! So don't worry, I'll take care of her."
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 am

tombowings wrote:
Pellenwin, finally having recovered from disorientation, grabs his pole axe and charges into battle with little to no forethought.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:54 am

danhem wrote:
Ulric looks up wearily from his corner.

"Don't open that door anymore. Someone wake me with the last watch so that I may study my magic."

Ulric slumps back down and falls asleep to dream of dark and terrible sorcery.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:35 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
Pelenwin leaps up in his night shirt and charges toward those gathered by the double door in the half light.

"WAUUGHR," he yells, axe raised, then finishes with a bleary "what?" as he realises the combat is ended.

"My beard is near ruined is what!" retorts Thorgrim, attempting to plait and fold the lush strands of facial hair in such a way as to best conceal its injury.

Meanwhile Padrig washes himself down to recover from the scalding he received from the vile ooze. His hide armour, although stained black, looks remarkably whole.

Olaf, bringing the fire, soon figures that the puddle of ooze will not burn easily -- in fact it will smother his burning torch before igniting, and Highbough ascertains that whatever the creature was, it has apparently lost its acidity. There seems little point in attempting to gather the ruined thing, which appears rather like an excessively slimy and flat slug almost the size of a Man.

"Weird," mutters Andaros.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:43 am

waysoftheearth wrote:
With all the commotion settled, the company agrees that it must be very early morning -- or there abouts -- and that the third watch may as well commence.

Padrig gingerly crawls back to his bedroll, and Dieter is already fast asleep.

Who will take the third watch (2 to 3 hours)?

Ulric, Highbough and Pelenwin will require one hour of uninterrupted study to memorise their spells and mantras, but they cannot study and be on watch at the same time.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:51 am

tonneau wrote:
Gustave volunteers somewhat reluctantly to take the third watch, "Well after all the commotion, it seems I am now awake anyway", he observes perspicaciously from his silk bedding, "But only if I can do it from here", he qualifies.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:05 pm

heartless wrote:
"The funs over now Ulric and Pellenwin now lets all get some rest", says Padrig sleepy.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:12 pm

mushgnome wrote:
"It occurs to me that, if the spellcasters take 3rd watch, we can take turns memorizing our spells while the others keep watch. If there is any trouble, we will wake Gustave first," suggests Highbough.

Post by waysoftheearth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:18 pm

tombowings wrote:
"Well, now that I've actually woken up, I might as well watch," says Pelenwin.

OOC: Yes, I did realize combat had ended.

Return to “Hinterlands”