(013) The Gatehouse Dunjon

Waysoftheearth's Hinterlands PBP

Moderators: ehiker133, waysoftheearth

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:52 am

tombowings wrote:
"Come on. Let's get out of here while we still have a chance," says Pelenwin.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person
Hirelings: Georges; torch[/f]

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:25 am

heartless wrote:
"Hold up, we need some light to see with. Wait up while I light a torch, someone else light one too", states Padrig.

OOC: If no one else has a torch Padrig will light one before we all go on. He will hold his spear ready for any attack, keeping a look out all the time from his position.
[f=32]Golgildir the Elf Medium (MV 12", AC 9, HD 1, hp 1/1, AL N) great cloak, lantern; spells: color spray; scrolls: sleep, sleep, charm person

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:21 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Padrig, in the third rank just behind Ulric and the now vanished Highbough, pauses at the base of the stair to get a torch out of his pack. There are mutterings of strain and complaint from those burdened by the great chests as they wait upon the stair for the Elf to get the torch free and set it afire...

Urlic opens the glass of his lantern so that Padrig can fire the torch and it immediately takes flame, creating somewhat more light, but those at the rear of the column are still in partial darkness..

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:24 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Meanwhile, up front, Pelenwin is eager to see sunlight and feel the wind upon his face once more, and strides toward the iron door which is just barely visible now, at the end of the long passage ahead.

"That's the portal we entered by," confirms Mads, as Pelenwin steps by the body of Flewellen.

The iron door is some score of yards ahead, and stands shut in the gloom.

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:08 pm

danhem wrote:
"Did we close the door when we came in?" Ulric asks. "Someone may be waiting for us outside. I can use my magic to open the door from a distance and perhaps foil any would-be ambushers."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Valandil wrote:
danhem wrote:"Did we close the door when we came in?" Ulric asks. "Someone may be waiting for us outside. I can use my magic to open the door from a distance and perhaps foil any would-be ambushers."
Andaros whispers:

"I don't remember... we could send Gustave to scout ahead... but please, move!"

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:40 pm

mushgnome wrote:
danhem wrote:"Did we close the door when we came in?" Ulric asks. "Someone may be waiting for us outside. I can use my magic to open the door from a distance and perhaps foil any would-be ambushers."
"We are a good team, Ulric," whispers the disembodied Elf's voice. "Your magic can open doors, and mine can hold them shut! I like your plan..."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:30 pm

eris wrote:
"I don't care how you open it, just do it, and let's move!" Olaf says from further up the stairs, "These chests are heavy and we're in a vulnerable position right now."

Post by waysoftheearth » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:15 pm

waysoftheearth wrote:
Does Ulric use the power of the disembodied hand to try the door?

Post by waysoftheearth » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:14 pm

danhem wrote:
"Stand ready," Ulric says to those around him.

Ulric concentrates and speaks the low, arcane words of The Schlemiel Disquiet. He then lifts his arms and mimics opening the outer door.

Return to “Hinterlands”